Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2000 STS in Poland
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen, a slight stain of coolant on the garage floor today. I remove the plastic cover and coolant on the radiator mounting socket. After all, this plastic riser mounted in the damping rubber is only used to position the radiator - unless I'm wrong ...

Where does the fluid inside it come from? Was it a cracked radiator housing? Please take a look at the attached photos. Everything's fine on the other side.

Thanks for the tips and advice. Jack.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,829 Posts
The passenger side plastic end tank is very close to failure from cracking. It appears that your car has the V03 HD cooling option so you need a replacement radiator with the engine oil cooler in the passenger side end tank.

Look in RockAuto - the Spectra radiator series. CU2280

oil cooler lines.png
Oil cooler quick connects.gif
oil cooler line quick connect remove.gif
oil cooler line quick connect install.gif

·
2000 STS in Poland
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your answer. I looked at this pin after I came home from work, disassembling the bracket. There are no signs of cracking on it. only in its interior do I see the remnants of the factor. The cooler to be replaced, that's for sure ... But on Saturday I am supposed to take my cousin to the wedding ... I thought about the temporary and sealing this connector with a two-component preparation of the "poxilina" type. It's so unprofessional, but I can't think of anything else ... What do you think? Can I change? Emergency situation ....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts