1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Seville STS 1994 (R.I.P), Seville SLS 1997
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys & girls
hope ya'll can help me with this

the right and left back site of the floors are soaked with water runs all the way up under the front seats (half a inch water)
ive tried to find out where it was coming from but can't figure it out
all the sides are dray .. trunk compartment is dray all door and window seals are as good as new ..

i guess at least it keeps my feet nice and cold during hot day's .... (as if we have hot days in the Netherlands)

anyway anyone with the same problem?... even better anyone know's where the world all that water is coming from?

Richard

·
Registered
113 Posts
Search for my post on the sunroof drains. Yours are probably plugged, leading to the water filling up the sunroof channels, then draining into the car. Your headliner in the back is probably soaked, too.

If it is, it's an easy fix.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry forgot to mention - i don't have a sunroof ...

Richard

·
Registered
113 Posts
Snacky said:
sorry forgot to mention - i don't have a sunroof ...

Richard
Hmmmm... that's more problematic. In that case, it just about has to be either the door seals, windshield of back window. Do you know the history of the car? Has it had any damage?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car has no structure damage ... it never got hit or wracked

BUT we did pull out the engine about 1 year ago main bearings where shot so got a new northstar in it ..
although i don't thing that could be the probl thou cuz the water leak was there already before we swapped out the engine ... so don't think i messed up something there with the swap that could give me the water problem's

what i don't understand is in the summer i don't have any leaks ... even when going trough the carwash .. it all stays dry ... but as soon it gets colder outside .. it turns into a big pool

Richard

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,179 Posts
Check the seal around the rear window. Things contract when cold. That may explain no problems in the summer.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK got it fixed - the right and left back doors where not lined up right

1 - 7 of 7 Posts