Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My salesman let me borrow an STS with the Bose 15 spkr. 5.1 Studio Sorround system for a day. If they dont put that in the next gen V, :banghead: . That was by far the best sounding stereo system (oem) in the world. It also plays MP3's, has an auxillary input for whatever, and has Bluetooth :thumbsup: . Not to mention the V6 was very impressive, felt better than the Northstar in my old 99 STS. I sure do miss those MASSIVE comfortable seats, steering wheel conrols, and rainsense wipers. Whenever I think about it I just ACCELERATE. MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! :lildevil:

·
Registered
580 Posts
jimbohenson said:
My salesman let me borrow an STS with the Bose 15 spkr. 5.1 Studio Sorround system for a day. If they dont put that in the next gen V, :banghead: . That was by far the best sounding stereo system (oem) in the world. It also plays MP3's, has an auxillary input for whatever, and has Bluetooth :thumbsup: . Not to mention the V6 was very impressive, felt better than the Northstar in my old 99 STS. I sure do miss those MASSIVE comfortable seats, steering wheel conrols, and rainsense wipers. Whenever I think about it I just ACCELERATE. MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! :lildevil:
i was just thinking the same crap this past weekend....my 95 deville has a better kick ass stereo system than we have now...cadillac always did well on making sure your car radio had some balls...but now its pretty embarrising..i was riding in my buddys new a6 and his system put mine to shame. hope they work on it for 06..

·
Registered
13,353 Posts
jimbohenson said:
I agree, that sound system is very good for a stock system, it's better than any Benz or BMW system that I have heard. :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
I disagree, the Bose system drives me crazy. The bass is muddy and boomy without any real punch, the mid-range is way over emphasized, and the treble is thin and somewhat harsh.

I recently drove both a BMW and an MB that had Harmon Kardon system, wonderful! Very flat, even sound from way down low to way up high. Very transparent, much closer to my ultra-high end home system than any custom installed system I've ever heard.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Be careful trying to "tweak" your audio system.........I'm halfway to Lemon Law court because they're claiming my transmission failure and my "non-start" problems all on the aftermarket Sirius unit my stereo store installed. Said it drained the battery down and through off all the shift points!! According to their tech Cadillac recommends putting in your own SEPARATE power source (another battery in other words). You gotta wonder where they get these people.

JET

1 - 5 of 5 Posts