Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 STS and it is need of front struts, i have a chance to buy a brand new old stock pair from a buddy at a dealer for real cheap, but he says he thinks they will work, they are part #22064515 and 22064516...but i called another dealer, and they said i needed diff. part # struts...anyone ever put these on theres? id like to stay w/ oem's if possible...any help is greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
94 ETC,97 STS
3,531 Posts
I have no way of checking pn's but there are many struts that have the same external dimensions but are valved slightly differently. If they are the same size they will work and will be better than old stock ones. They may be a little firmer or softer than the right pn. If the price is right you should be happy.

·
Registered
98 Deville, '15 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium, '12 Ford Escape
3,294 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, i was going to call that GM dealer listed in the previous post, but theyre not open on weekends, and the auction for these struts ends this weekend...so I'm not sure what to do, id really like to jump on the chance to buy these for so cheap, but obviously not if they wont bolt up...the dealer here says that they will fit a 93-97 sytle seville, I'm wondering if those are the same as far as bolting up, maybe theyre just different stiffness rates???
thanks again for any help!!!:bigroll:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts