Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 gold-n-cream SLS
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Bros
I have a 95 seville. When i took my tire off to do some bodywork, i noticed what looked to be a rubber bushing that is inbetween the frame and the strut, that was squeezed out of position. I assume its the same on the other 3 sides. is it important that i get this bushing back in? I believe this is why im getting a clunk noise when going over bumps. If i need to get them back into place, what would be the easiest way? If any. Or is this a mechanic job, since i have no garage and it is -3 in NY now. Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
1994 Sedan Deville
2,146 Posts
You do need to get that bushing back into place because that could be a major contributor to the clunking noise. Since it's that cold and you don't have a garage, I recommend taking it to your mechanic. Don't want to get sick repairing a car in below zero weather, because it may wind up costing more than taking it to your mechanic in the first place.

·
Registered
95 gold-n-cream SLS
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would anyone know what a dealer or garage would charge me for putting the stabilizer/strut bushing back into place?? thanks

·
Registered
98 Deville, '15 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium, '12 Ford Escape
3,294 Posts
Jonny5 said:
would anyone know what a dealer or garage would charge me for putting the stabilizer/strut bushing back into place?? thanks
I'd have to say yes. hopefully not much though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts