Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
none
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I spent the day taking off the intake manifold, cleaning the intake valves and putting on a V-Max intake spacer.. I started to torque down the intake manifold bolts and POP, the first bolt just ripped the threads right out. I had read a couple different sets of instructions and none of them mentioned using longer bolts, and the spacer didn't include longer bolts so I just went with it.

The bolt took less than a half inch of threads and there's easily another inch of threads left.. I'm thinnking just buy 4 longer bolts (may as well, they're cheap and I'd rather not rip out any more threads) and have at it but I guess I was just wondering if anyone else had already done this? I really don't want to have to buy a new head because of this..

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6DI
26 Posts
I had a similar problem happen with mine because I decided to use two intake manifold gaskets with my setup instead of using rtv. It took a little searching but I found a longer set of bolts on Fastenals (www.fastenal.com). Unfortunately, I don't remember the thread specs for the bolts, but I'm pretty sure I ordered either 130mm or 140mm length bolts. Been working great with no issues.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I would definitely try using a helicoil before replacing the head. Or you could just tap it a size bigger sounds like you're getting longer bolts so one a size bigger wouldn't hurt at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts