Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was driving to my house on us 19 and there is a part of the road where you feel like driving really fast. So I was going about 70mph. And this MUSTANG don't know if it was a gt, but was pimped out. And he blew right past me. So on this long strip a road, I decided to floor it. So I caught up to this mustang that thought it was fast or something, in a matter of seconds I would say it was about 20 yards ahead of me. So I put the pedal to the medal, and smoked the sucker and hit almost 125mph. Then I saw a cop on the other side of the highway. And the sun went down, and since my car is black maybe he didn't see it, or he just didn't even care. Anyway going that speed on the caddy cts is very stable, and doesn't make you real nervous driving fast if you know that you are in control. And I felt so good smoking that Mustang because the person thought he could take me or somehting so I was like in your dreams man. Than this guy in a pick up truck, I guess he saw me cruising for a while, and pulled up next to me and said, man you got a quick car how fast were you going. Then I said about 123-124mph, almost but not 125 or could of been. Then I told him I saw that cop, and he said yea me to he was in the corner over there pulling out. Anyway I made that guy real happy when he saw me speeding, and burning that mustang, looked like a 98, but pimped out, with spoiler and racing stripes, any way it feels good to go that fast especially in my caddy. Man looking forward to a bmw 330ci, JUST KIDDING!
 

·
Registered
None
Joined
·
987 Posts
On the way home from a friend's house tonight I got to watch a ford thunderbird GT in all it's glory...

Red maroon colored body kit..white paint job..exhaust, fake xenon lights...

At the stop light I just popped it into neutral and revved it for fun. He gunned outta there like a bat outta hell (this is 3:30am mind you!) I love making people race me, especially when i'm in no mood to race! hahaha, this was next to the state police barracks too, he prob got pulled over later :want:

No need to prove the Caddy's prowess, i'm beyond that LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't have done it, if I knew that it wasn't safe, but I knew that I couldn't harm no one, except for the person driving the mustang. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,683 Posts
RobertCTS said:
Yep, I forgot they make you park your car and they take your license from you. Big price for a cheap thrill IMO.
I see you're in VA. No Radar Detectors allowed, right?
correct. they tow your car on the spot and you do not collect 200 and you go straight to jail.
Anything from reckless driving and above will stay on your record for 11years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
I live in Augusta, GA, and I'm not too sure what the exact penalties are around here, but there is a drag strip probably 20 minutes away, so most everyone goes there to race. I really don't do it in my car, but when I'm on my bike, I don't hesitate to show up some little ricer (makes me feel better about myself:D)
 

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
Joined
·
22,415 Posts
Devil_concours said:
correct. they tow your car on the spot and you do not collect 200 and you go straight to jail.
Anything from reckless driving and above will stay on your record for 11years.
It's 7 years here. My vacation spots are in the NC & SC and I'm always careful traveling thru VA. I'm ready to yank the radar detector down too.
 

·
Registered
2004 CTS (sold), 2014 ATS
Joined
·
453 Posts
AsAkAs said:
At the stop light I just popped it into neutral and revved it for fun. He gunned outta there like a bat outta hell (this is 3:30am mind you!) I love making people race me, especially when i'm in no mood to race! hahaha, this was next to the state police barracks too, he prob got pulled over later :want:
Pretty lame to fake a guy into racing, especially if he thinks you're serious and takes off hard and gets caught by the popo.
AsAkAs said:
No need to prove the Caddy's prowess, i'm beyond that LOL
Riiiiight. There's always faster cars, and there's always slower cars. On the grand scale of sporty automobiles, the CTS is without a doubt on the slow side. Our cars' straight-line "prowess" is nothing to brag about.
 

·
Registered
None
Joined
·
987 Posts
1500cc said:
Pretty lame to fake a guy into racing, especially if he thinks you're serious and takes off hard and gets caught by the popo.
*shrug* You're right, it's mean, oh well :hide: I didn't make him do anything, he chose to floor it, I didn't. There would probably be another time when I wasn't tired at 330am and would've raced him, so let's just call that a practice round, he got me!

1500cc said:
Riiiiight. There's always faster cars, and there's always slower cars. On the grand scale of sporty automobiles, the CTS is without a doubt on the slow side. Our cars' straight-line "prowess" is nothing to brag about.
On the grand scale of sporty automobiles there is one fastest car and one slowest car and then everything inbetween. My entire post was in jest I feel like you've taken it too seriously. I apologize.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top