Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody notice like a low rumbling sound when going anywhere over 30, i have a 2000 deville. i jsut noticed it. its like maybe it was tehre before but i didnt notice but its really noticable. like its a low rumble kidn of like something somewhere is loose, but you can only hear it inside the car with windows up once you get over 60 its too fast to really hear. it reacts to any bump or dip in the road anybody know what this could be? im thinkin something with front end somewhere. any help would be appreciated, thanks
Peace
C

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would check the tires first, make sure they have good tread, at least this was the first thing I did with my rumbling sound. My friend who deals with tires said it has similair sounds to the wheel bearing being bad (rumbling that is).

And if it is not the tires, it could be wheel bearing, but doubtful, since yours is only 3 years old, but never know. With wheel bearings the sound goes away if you turn the wheel one way or the other. Might want to check that.

Thats all I can offer regarding this issue.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats what i thought it was, but it wasnt the tires, as for the wheel bearing my brother checked it out and said everything was fine, he said maybe the seal might be starting to go. but told me just to take it to the dealer, which is what i usually end up doing anyway. he couldnt think of anything else it would be. Oh it gets a little bit more quiet when i turn it left louder when i turn it right. cant hear it until around 25, and the noise, sounds like when you put baseball cards in your rear spokes of your bike. thanks for the info though
Peace
C

1 - 3 of 3 Posts