Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS4 2007 STS
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a strange sound from under the hood when I back up to the left. This only happens right after i start the car. The sound can't be described but since I'm the driver it's like I'm the only one that hears it and feels it. Also when I start the car sometimes it feels like the engine is about to jump out of the car. Could this be a motor mount problem and how do you tell if the mounts are bad. To be more clear when i back up it feels as if something is slipping or has slipped.:hmm:

·
Registered
98 Deville, '15 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium, '12 Ford Escape
3,294 Posts
I'm just a backyard mechanic, but if the engine feels like its jumping out of the car, it could be bad motor mounts. Simplest way to tell if they are bad, is to open the hood, have someone watch the engine and/or you watch from the small slit you can see through from the driver seat when the hood is up. put it in park and hit the gas, and see if the whole engine lurches up and forward. Mine was doing that on my old 89 deville. but i don't know if that really helps solve your problem. i'm sure someone with more experience will chime in.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,544 Posts
Iametarg is correct. Open the hood and wathch it when you put it in gear and brake torque it a little. Don't do any WOT's til it is fixed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts