Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 DHS DeVille
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lighter issue with every outlet. The main lighter in the front works. The under passenger seat does not. Both back door lighter outlets don't work either. Checked the fuses under the hood and under the back seat. All are OK. Checked connections to all and they are all connected properly. Could 3 outlets be blown at the same time? I know anything is possible but seems odd. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
UNDER the seat? Post a picture of that. I can't imagine that being very useful.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,821 Posts
our '03 has one under the passenger seat inboard side by the umbrella tray. We find it very useful for my wife's iPad, plus you don't have power cords snaking out of the ashtray. I changed the fuse position so the outlets are hot all the time.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,503 Posts
My Seville owner's manual says the car has one on the under-seat tray - but it doesn't. (However, the Seville has the front 12 V receptacle in the carpeted panel - passenger's left calf.) My ash tray was deleted and replaced by the curved door storage compartment in front of the shift stick.

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 DHS DeVille
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So does anyone have a clue about why my lighter sockets have no power?

·
Registered
2005 DeVille DHS
68 Posts
Have you checked the underhood cigar lighter fuses regarding their position?
They can be in two positions, "inner" and "outer". In the outer position, the outlets are powered all the time, while in the inner position, they are supposed to be on whenever the ignition is on or when retained accessory power is active.

Why am I mentioning this: In my 2005 DHS, for reasons I have not yet been able to find, the inner position does NOT work, the outlets are completely dead. The outer position works as intended.

The attached pic shows the two fuses in their inner position.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts