Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '95 DeVille has an odd (to me) problem. When heat is called for, hot air blows out the passenger side while at the same time, unheated air blows out the drivers side opening (on my foot). This seems odd in that both ducts seem to be fed from the same main chamber. I located the vacuum servos that opperate the AC/heater door and apparently the cool air/hot air door (on the firewall?) and they open and close at the appropriate times. There are two other vacuum controled devices on the driver side of the main chamber that control something internal. I can hear vacuum when I pull the tube loose from each. Anyone familiar with the operation of this affair? Any one know of a source of a diagram of the heater system?
Thanks
Bob

·
Registered
9 Posts
buffalo bob said:
My '95 DeVille has an odd (to me) problem. When heat is called for, hot air blows out the passenger side while at the same time, unheated air blows out the drivers side opening (on my foot). This seems odd in that both ducts seem to be fed from the same main chamber. I located the vacuum servos that opperate the AC/heater door and apparently the cool air/hot air door (on the firewall?) and they open and close at the appropriate times. There are two other vacuum controled devices on the driver side of the main chamber that control something internal. I can hear vacuum when I pull the tube loose from each. Anyone familiar with the operation of this affair? Any one know of a source of a diagram of the heater system?
Thanks
Bob
What are the odds, I turned on the heater in my 96 sts for the first time since I purchased it and sure enough the pass side and the high low are ice cold but the driver side vents an the rear vents (via the console) are toasty. I thought is was related to the dual zone climate....but I will try the heater core first.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DaveSmed said:
This is apparently a common problem. Read up on it on this thread: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4773
Yup! Followed the instructions on the thread to Cadillac Jacks fix it page and about six hours later HOT FEET!
Very good instructions and I found the exact same problem Jack had. I'd say from the design of the heater core this has to be a common problem. I guess it's better to get part heat before no heat, so one has a chance for repair before the bottom rots out of the core. I was amazed to find Auto Zone stocked the heater core.
Thanks
Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts