Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have an 02 Escalade with 38,000 miles on it. While driving I will occasionally hear a "groaning" noise from the right side. It sounds like it is coming from the middle or rear on the outside. I know what the compressor sounds like for the air suspension, and it is not that. I am thinking something with the rear axle perhaps? Anyone else ever have this problem? It is still under warranty so I will probably take it in but I would like to have some kind of idea what it could be.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
42 Posts
interestingly enough, i'm hearing the same thing on my lowered 03. it started happening when i got the bigger tires put on last week (from 22s to 24s), so i assumed that it had something to do with it. but now that someone else is having what sounds like the same issue, i thought i'd post something here too.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Have you had your front or rear diff's checked for fluid level? Have you changed the fluid in them? I would start there. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hcvone said:
Have you had your front or rear diff's checked for fluid level? Have you changed the fluid in them? I would start there. :)
That im my first thing I am going to check. How often should you change your differential fluid?

A couple other observations... It seems to occur most often when I am start to accelerate from a dead stop. Also, I got my Escalade this past summer. As you can image, the temperature in January in Wisconsin is much different than in August. I didnt seem to notice it in summer. So it appears to happen more in colder weather (below 30 degrees). Perhaps it happened just as much in summer and I didnt notice it (?)

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I change mine every 20k to 25k miles, but I have seen the trucks come from the factory with low fluid levels, my truck was almost a quart low in the front, and over a quart low in the rear, I am sure I would have ruined my truck if I did not check the levels when I got it. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts