Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Radio has started to just cut off out of the blue for no apparent reason. It is an intermittent power outage that may or may not come back on (there is no set time limit and sometimes it just stays off).

when this happens I also lose power to my wipers and my windows. Assuming they are all on the same circuit, I'm trying to identify if I've got a bad relay somewhere (I sometimes hear a click) or a faulty conenction (don't think this is the case, as sometimes everything goes dead without the vehicel even having moved).

I've read post about the RAP circuit and the accessory circuits but I don't have a clue if one of these could be causing this situation.

I've made an appointment with the dealer for next Tuesday, but I'd like to hear any of your suggesstions, as I've got to take the truck out of town this weekend (and I need my wipers).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

--Beezy

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
I just bought a used 99 lade and have had this very same thing happen once in the first 100 miles i've driven it I just turned the key off let it sit for about a minute and then restarted and everything was working fine
I'd love to hear what you find out..... thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
couldn't take the truck Tuesday, due to wifey work issues,b ut go it in today. The Service Dept. just called and said the problem is being caused by a faulty ignition switch staying "open" at times. Open or closed, whatever, just fix it. :)

total cost = $391.00 parts and labor.

at least it's closure... whew!:highfive:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update:

Shot my load to early :)
Dealer called back and said they replaced the ignition switch module and the problems still happening, so they are back to square one. Long story short, couldn't pick my truck up today and no closure :mad:.

I told them to check the accessory time delay relay (is this the RAP relay?). Guess they took that idea with a grain of salt.

BeezyWeez

I'll let everyone know what happens tommorow.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, well, well.....

This sh*t just keeps getting better and better.

They've (dealer) now narrowed it down to the EBCM - body control module

Expensive a** little piece of equipment that's gonna run me $825.00 prts and labor... :crying:

I've got 4 months before I can get a new truck (buying a house and don't want to ruin credit). 4 months and its a new(slightly used) one for me (probably an '05 or '06)

Shame though, just had all my differentials, transfer case, tranny, etc. flushed and it's running really good. C'est la vie... :yup:

BeezyWeez

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
540 Posts
I would say that you are in for a long haul if you had the stuff flushed. Draining and replacing the fluid is alright. Please tell me that you didn't go to a corner shop to have the machine hooked up and flush out your componments. If that is the case you are walking the tight rope I think. please post for clarity..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
naw man, nothing like that. Maybe the terminology was off but I meant replaced. New fluid, differnetials, xfer case, tranny.

Also, this wasn't related to the issue......

Beezy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts