Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, got my car back from the bodyshop after my wheels got jacked last week. Something strange happend though and wont go back to normal. When I hit the drivers window down the passenger front window also comes down at the same time. The passenger window button dosnt work from the passenger side or the drivers side. Also when I lower my driver side rear window, the passenger side rear window opens too, and the button on that door wont work either, but the rear drivers side button on the door works. Anyone ever experienced this?? This sucks, it just came off of warranty 4 days ago. :crybaby:

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
It must be a time bomb built into the door modules. Once the date passes 4 years from delivery date or 50,000 miles, it shorts the switches.

I honestly have never heard this happen. You could try leaving your battery disconnected for the night and see if it is better in the morning. Otherwise, bring it into the dealer and see if they will give you a grace period since it's only been 4 days after your warranty expiration.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mbai2 said:
It must be a time bomb built into the door modules. Once the date passes 4 years from delivery date or 50,000 miles, it shorts the switches.

I honestly have never heard this happen. You could try leaving your battery disconnected for the night and see if it is better in the morning. Otherwise, bring it into the dealer and see if they will give you a grace period since it's only been 4 days after your warranty expiration.
yeah i think ill try to talk to my dealer. Don Massey is pretty good with thier customer service. I also just noticed my personalization options to dip the side mirror to the curb in reverse, is blacked out. Its in my menu but i cant select it. Hopefully a tech 2 can activate that. Ive always had that feature.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Caddy Man said:
yeah i think ill try to talk to my dealer. Don Massey is pretty good with thier customer service. I also just noticed my personalization options to dip the side mirror to the curb in reverse, is blacked out. Its in my menu but i cant select it. Hopefully a tech 2 can activate that. Ive always had that feature.
Hmm...it definitely sounds like a door module is out because that is how the radio knows about the reverse mirror. Don Massey should take care of you though :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
sometimes when i have both windows rolled down and i hit the express up for the driver then passenger right after, my driver window rolls back down. I've noticed it many times and i can duplicate it 1 out of 20 tries.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Devil_concours said:
sometimes when i have both windows rolled down and i hit the express up for the driver then passenger right after, my driver window rolls back down. I've noticed it many times and i can duplicate it 1 out of 20 tries.
Yep, mine does this too.. Really drives me nuts. I think its just the combo of hitting the buttons.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Nope it's the drivers door module, we've seen this in the past.
Here is a time where your relationship with the dealer will help. 4 days past warranty. If you are a good customer who puts your pants on the same as the service folks do ( hint hint) they will go to bat FOR you with Cadillac.
Chris

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
BCCADILLAC said:
Nope it's the drivers door module, we've seen this in the past.
Here is a time where your relationship with the dealer will help. 4 days past warranty. If you are a good customer who puts your pants on the same as the service folks do ( hint hint) they will go to bat FOR you with Cadillac.
Chris
Chris is right. I always treat my Service Tech and the Techs with great respect and it always pays off. I still go to lunch with Service Techs I no longer take a vehicle too, as I've sold the vehicle, just because we've become friends.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
talked to Don Massey Cadillac (only the best cadillac dealer in the ever! :) ) The service advisor said its fine and bring it in next week. Oh yeah, my mileage isnt up, but its been over 4 years for my car, thats why my warranty is up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
Caddy Man