Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
336 Posts
sounds loud...how loud is it in the car with the windows up?

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
I hope it's just the camera speaker getting distorted, otherwise that sounds like ass. Could you post a clip outside with the camera a little further away from the pipes?

·
Registered
CTS DI Fully Loaded, Magnaflow, CAI, F1 Tint, Rosen TVs
1,013 Posts
That sounds like hot garbage. Check out my youtube clip. Search for 2008 cts magnaflow. That is what this car should sound like.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS 6MT, 2008 Cadillac CTS 6MT
174 Posts
:wtf: Sounds like an old beater 4x4 truck missing half the exhaust... I vomitted all over my computer when I heard that horrific noise... :ack: no offense...

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
So I listened again, trying to ignore the microphone clipping, and it still sounds bad. I have had the loudest exhausts on the full gammut of cars (supercharged four, nitrous four, straight six, ford 5.0), and I never let my exhaust sound like I hacksawed the mufflers off. Aside from that, it STILL IS a Cadillac, should be a bit more refined. My guess is no exhaust got installed, and mufflers got replaced with piping. Can't really call that an exhaust.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
this is a project car im workig on. its getting supercharged in 2 weeks waiting for my buddy on the supercharger. we took of the exhaust system fully off and installed 4 inch pipes from the headers to the exits. trying to reach 600 horses. so we just having fun with it.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Understood, but how are you planning on handling the fuel and ignition maps from the ecu? The computer in this car is unique and as yet, I haven't heard of anyone hacking it. Sounds like a risky proposition to f*** with a high compression motor without a correctly mapped ECU. Best of luck to you, my man. Hope the supercharger whine covers up that exhaust sound.

BTW - 600hp out of a 300hp motor will involve a hell of a lot more than a blower and diesel-truck exhaust. Do you know if the bottom-end can handle that much power?

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,957 Posts
Understood, but how are you planning on handling the fuel and ignition maps from the ecu? The computer in this car is unique and as yet, I haven't heard of anyone hacking it. Sounds like a risky proposition to f*** with a high compression motor without a correctly mapped ECU. Best of luck to you, my man. Hope the supercharger whine covers up that exhaust sound.

BTW - 600hp out of a 300hp motor will involve a hell of a lot more than a blower and diesel-truck exhaust. Do you know if the bottom-end can handle that much power?
Not to worry! The heads dropping out of the pistons will relieve the strain and protect the bottom end.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts