Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
05 3.6 auto,sport package,navigation
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of cutting off the stock mufflers and going with straight pipes. I'm to lazy to buy mufflers. Is this going to be to loud and obnoxious?? replies from people who have done this only please, i know there will be haters!!

·
Registered
Cadillac
128 Posts
thats what im running on my car i have factory dual exhaust and i had a shop put in straight tubing in place of the stock mufflers and left the resonator/ catalytics untouched and i am very please with the sound not tooo loud just a perfect mellow rumble, i will take pictures of my setup now give me 10 mins to upload them

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sick buddy thanx i cant wait !! the best part is that it will hide the rear diff howl lol !!

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Don't worry about the noise level, as you will quickly become friends with the local gendarmes.

Heck, they might even invite you over for coffee in the am and pm.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Don't worry about the noise level, as you will quickly become friends with the local gendarmes.

Heck, they might even invite you over for coffee in the am and pm.
Maybe in communist Texas. Im now running an x-pipe to straight pipes...no resonator, mufflers. Only the cat to straight pipes. My neighbour, whos a cop, just told me he didnt think it sounded great.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The more i think about it, I'm having second thoughts. you said its a mellow rumble I'm guessing that's at idle but how loud is it at 5000 rpm???

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
Straights on a V6?

really?
Sound clips anyone?

·
Registered
2004 3.6 auto
140 Posts
I'd want to know how loud it was from 1800 to 3500 rpm, which is where normal driving (and droning) occurs.

I'd also want to know if there's a SOTP acceleration improvement.

You can keep the noise if it does not come with power - IMHO of course

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
got my straight pipes in and lovin it !!!!!!! It drones when theres load on the motor goin uphill at 2000-3000 rpm but well worth it if you like driving fast and turning heads. thinking of installing some glass packs or cherry bombs to help absorbe the drone. Having lots of fun with it the way it is. dropped my friends off downtown vancouver and girls were hollerin when i opened it up. At wide open throttle it ALMOST sounds like a ferrari !!!! With my 6000k bulbs and fogs it looks and sounds like a $60,000 car(at night). p.s. you wount feel any horsepower gains with any exhaust work done and especially at stop acceleration. It will help only for the top end of the rpm range. so if your doing it for the horsepower then your wasting your time.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes i only eliminated the mufflers with 2.25" pipe left everything else stock. Cheap and easy, that's how i like my girls !!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts