Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery on a 2007 AWD SRX V6. The manual mentions storage compartments inside of each door that can be closed off. It also mentions you will see a button to open the latch to these compartments. The only storage I see in each door is a towards the bottom with no way to close them off. Is the book wrong or am I missing something?

·
Registered
2007 N* Thunder Gray/Ebony AWD/NAV/MRC
875 Posts
GMJim: You sure have ugly interior colors on your SRX. Is that a GM employee special?

·
Registered
Cadillac SRX
14 Posts
I just checked my 2 week old 07 srx and I don't have any storage compartment on the doors except for the pocket along the bottom...????? Did they delet this with the upgraded interior in an 07???

·
Registered
Cadillac
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just checked our new 2007 and there is no such storage compartment - only an open large pocket on each side. Must be something that was lost in the redesign.

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
I use mine for my sunglasses. The latch seems rather flimsy. I hope it holds out through the lease. Where do you folks with 07s put your glasses?

My complaint (storage wise) is the space I lost in the center console due to the rear seat DVD I didn't want.

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac SRX V6 AWD
40 Posts
Not there in our 2008 SRX V6 either, and information removed from Owner's Manual as well.

Mike

P.S. We put our sunglasses in the center console!

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
I really like that little door/compartment on my 06 b/c I thought the center console was a tad small.

BUT, I guess you lost those little storage areas and gained the dashboard "secret" contraption.

·
Registered
'07 - 3.6l SRX RWD, '16 - 2.5l Subaru Outback, '95 - 4.3l S10 pu
965 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
SHHHH!!!!!! :shhh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts