Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 srx
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 SRX 4.6 AWD. The latch mechanism is broke on the storage compartment with the wood grain door. This is the compartment front seat passenger side and above the locking glove box.

Does anyone have a good solution for a fix? I am just starting to look around for a solution.

Thanks

·
Registered
'07 - 3.6l SRX RWD, '16 - 2.5l Subaru Outback, '95 - 4.3l S10 pu
973 Posts
I have a 2007 SRX 4.6 AWD. The latch mechanism is broke on the storage compartment with the wood grain door. This is the compartment front seat passenger side and above the locking glove box.

Does anyone have a good solution for a fix? I am just starting to look around for a solution.

Thanks
This goes back several years but there was a GM dealership mechanic that posted a fix. Recalling he reattached a spring that opened the compartment. His logon name was something like "ewill3".... or close. He was a relatively frequent poster.

·
Registered
2009 SRX AWD 3.6L
326 Posts
Yep, mine is broken too. I was going to shell out the $$ for a new one but the wood grain wouldn't match the rest of it that's in the car. I think all of them break eventually. Crap design by GM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts