Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Escalade ESV
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. '14 ESV and my cruise is currently not working, the typical light comes on but no light on dash when setting. I've replaced the brake switch (25981009) and the stoplight switch (13583374). After replacing the stoplight switch the tail lights no longer work. I've read some contradictory messages on whether the stoplight switch requires some type of programming or not. From my research, the stoplight switch is specific to the '13 and '14 model year. Does anyone have any experience here? Is there some programming involved?

TIA!

·
Premium Member
2008 Escalade Sport, 2018 Escalade Luxury & 2018 Camry Hybrid XLE
2,368 Posts
You didn’t install it correctly or possible your part is defective. i also recommend OEM part.

·
Registered
2014 Escalade ESV
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks fellas, I got the tail lights working. Honestly didn’t do anything to make them work accept verify the switch moved when pressing the pedal. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Unfortunately the cruise still isn’t working.

·
Registered
2011 CTS4 Coupe, 2014 ELR, 2018 XT5 AWD
1,614 Posts
After replacing the brake pedal position sensor the system needs to be calibrated. You need a quality scan tool to do so.
The lack of calibration is why the cruise won't work. The brake lights function but are probably not set at the correct amount of travel. This could lead to your brake lights not activating sometimes and might cause an accident.

·
Registered
2011 CTS4 Coupe, 2014 ELR, 2018 XT5 AWD
1,614 Posts
I'm not sure what other parts you replaced. The service manual only lists a brake pedal position sensor. Ther are no other switches shown.
The position sensor is a small round puck with a 2 prong fork that rotates. It measures how far the brake pedal travels with 2 internal sensors. 1 sensor goes to the ECM and one to the BCM. The calibration procedure "zeros" the sensor with the pedal at rest. From here it can now create the different brake switch outputs it needs using one sensor. It can also calculate brake pedal apply rate to look for a panic brake apply. This enables a feature called panic brake assist.

·
Registered
2014 Escalade ESV
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I replaced that switch and one below it. Based on the descriptions of the part numbers, the white puck is a “stoplight” switch and the other one (just realized I listed the wrong part number above) is the brake pedal position sensor (25799118). I used OEM parts for both.
Thanks for the info on calibration. I’ll see if I can get into the dealership asap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts