Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Crown Vic LX, 2009 Chevy Malibu 2LT
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I've had a problem for the past year that's really been annoying me. It's the only problem on my car now that I fixed my leveling system last week.

Last winter, I had to drive my '95 home after a snow storm. The car got hung up on deep snow a couple of times and ever since, I get an exhaust rattle. Looking underneath, it appears the the forces from the snow moved the exhaust around a bit and now the exhaust rubs. With the exhaust adjustment, it is completely resting on a metal support right after the cat under the front seats of the car. I can't find any exhaust hangers broken off. Therefore, I am wondering if anyone with a '94-'96 Devill happens to have a picture of their underbody so I could find out how it should be aligned. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
drewsdeville said:
Hello

I've had a problem for the past year that's really been annoying me. It's the only problem on my car now that I fixed my leveling system last week.

Last winter, I had to drive my '95 home after a snow storm. The car got hung up on deep snow a couple of times and ever since, I get an exhaust rattle. Looking underneath, it appears the the forces from the snow moved the exhaust around a bit and now the exhaust rubs. With the exhaust adjustment, it is completely resting on a metal support right after the cat under the front seats of the car. I can't find any exhaust hangers broken off. Therefore, I am wondering if anyone with a '94-'96 Devill happens to have a picture of their underbody so I could find out how it should be aligned. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
you know i dont have any pics of the underbody , gimme a couple minutes ill see what i can see under the car witht he camera

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I haven't been on in a while, but I was suprised to see the pictures. Thanks! They helped a lot. It seems my exhaust got pushed a few inches, but the pictures will help re-align it. Nice clean underbody...the underbody of a southern car.

·
Registered
2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
3,723 Posts
Yea, that is clean! The only thing rusty is the exhaust! Makes my '94s underbody look like a Hooptie!

·
Registered
93 Sedan Deville 4.9
208 Posts
If Your Exhaust Is Intact & Not All Rotted Out & All The Hangers Are Not Broke I Don't See How Driving Thru Snow Could Change The Allighment Of Your Exhaust. Check All Your Heat Shields For Rattling & Check The Heat Shield Around The Cat Con. Snow Will Not Misalign Your Entire Exhaust Or Shift It In Any Way. Good Luck If You're Driving Thru A Snow Drift It Might Pack Around Your Exhaust But Will Melt Away Very Fast.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's almost impossible man. Cadillac's are equiped with stainless exhaust systems, which is why you see almost none rotted, even in northern states like WI, where I am. All hangers are there, it's just the exhaust has been shifted, or bent somehow. It is clear that it is not in the right place from the photos and the whole exhaust is intact. A little push here and a little prying there and it should be as good as new :)

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
540 Posts
Hey Drew I am in Milwaukee too. Our caddys may have passed paths one time or another. I have a 96 deville, You ever need any specialty tools get a hold of me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts