Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 3.6 auto
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 3.6 and was thinking about swapping out the stock resonator for an X-pipe and the stock mufflers for stock V mufflers.

I want more power but not more noise (a little more is ok).

I think its a pretty good bet the stock V mufflers flow better than the stock 3.6 mufflers.

So, does anyone know the cfm rating of the stock V mufflers ?

How about the pipe diameter going into the V mufflers? Does the pipe get squished narrower before entering the muffler?

Thanks!

·
Registered
Platinum 2004 CTS-V
4,914 Posts
stock V exhaust is 2.5"

don't know cfm rating, but if you are running cats, that'll be the suffication point.

·
Registered
2007 CTS Thunder Gray
1,055 Posts
I have the 3.6 and was thinking about swapping out the stock resonator for an X-pipe and the stock mufflers for stock V mufflers.
This is the same thing I am getting ready to do. Which X pipe are you going with? I can't decide on whether to go with a resonator or an X pipe.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
188 Posts
The stock V muffler's are 2.5" offset - center. They are densely packed with fiberglass to deaden the sound. I ended up gutting mine as one of the first mods. So if you're looking for more of a growl and better flow, going aftermarket is probably more what you're looking for and will have more flexibility on tip options.

Adding an x-pipe will give both performance and sound. And if sound isn't what you want I believe magnaflow makes a x-pipe wrapped in a resonator.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts