Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3.6L ~Black Mamba~
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and read but I still have not found an answer, please help! Can I swap out my stock triangle/parking lights to the 194 super-white LED from autolumination without adding anything else? Can I just plug and play once I get them? Thanks guys for all the great info!!

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts
Yes, it's plug and play. I purchased a set of white LEDs and put them in there. Works perfect. I also converted my fogs and low beam to 6,000k HIDs and the color matches perfect. (open the pics in my album). Good luck.

P.S. get white LEDs, not blue

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Would be cool to see a CTS with lowbeam 3,000K HID kit and HID fogs in 3,000K with matching yellow LED sidemarkers and triangle lights.

I don't like yellow very much, but it would be neat.

·
Registered
3.6L ~Black Mamba~
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome, thanks Coma! One last question guys. I am in the middle of installing some Sylvania Silverstars in the low and high beams. I am doing it thru the engine bay, I have the caps off the driver side lights but I cannot figure out how to remove the old bulbs. Do I turn clockwise, counter clockwise? Is there a screw that I have to unscrew? Also, can some one post the link to get the headlights off thru the engine bay? I cannot find it. Thanks again!

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS '06
65 Posts
Does any one know if Super White LEDs are available at places like Autozone? I would need one to replace a 2825 or 3157 bulb, correct?

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,814 Posts
They are at autozone. But they won't work so well. Because the load isn't high enough for the car. The cts will think there is no bulb and have your turn signel flash faster than normal. You'll have to get them from online at a certain website. I can't think of it now, but once I get home in a few hours I'll look for it.

KOT

·
Registered
2005 CTS
162 Posts
They do have super white LED's at most auto parts stores, but usually with very limited supply/types. You can find a bigger selection online if you don't mind the wait.

superbrightled.com
ledlight.com
autolumination.com

...just to name some sources I've used.

Search the forum with tags such as "led", "turn-signal", "led mod", etc. There are literally tons of previous threads addressing the issue. Good luck!

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
search doesn't return any feeds for 3-letter words, so try "LEDs"

the triangle/parking lights can be replaced with a 194 Wedge Bulb. I went with a Super White 6-LED T10 Wedge Bulb.

I didn't have any luck finding replacement LEDs at any autoparts stores in my area (including some car audio shops). I suggest going with superbrightleds.com or autolumination.com -- i purchased mine through fle-bay & they would blink after a few months...which cops dont like.

·
Registered
2005 CTS
162 Posts
That is true. I received some crappy 194's thru eBay for my rear sidemarkers and after 2 months they started blinking and eventually went out. EBay is so iffy...my interior LED kit I purchased from the same store is still running strong after a year, but I can't say the same for the 194's...:hmm:

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS '06
65 Posts
From superbrightleds:

Will these work: 25-LED 16mm Wedge Base bulb
25-LED 12VDC replacement bulb White-3157-W25

A lot of the bulbs on autolumination said they are bigger than normal and to measure the housing and whatnot. I dont wan't to do all that. Thanks.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS '06
65 Posts
Has anyone tried to put LEDs in the reverse lights? If so, how hard is it?

And also, just so I'm clear: Do you need 194, 2825 or 3157 size bulbs for the parking lights or are they all the same? I noticed the first post says 194, but the Sylvania website says 2825/3157. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,814 Posts
It all depends which parking light you are talking about...

The little triangle in the head light assembly is a 194 size bulb. Which you can see turn on or off. There is one in the side marker in the rear light assembly, you can see a small bulb in there when turned on. That is if the bulb isn't burnt. The plate marker bulbs are 194 as well. The side markers in front, on the side finders. Are 194 as well. The very front, that are in the same assembly as the fog lights are the 3157.

If you are going to do the plate and the back up bulbs, your best bet is to do them at the same time. Because you would have to take down, or at least move out of the way. The rug that is on the trunk door, and remove the 6 or 8 washer/nuts. I believe they are 10mm nuts.

KOT

·
Registered
cts
6 Posts
Does anyone know how I can replace the interior map lights with LED's. I already purchased the LED's but cant figure out how to get to the bulbs. There is no screw that I can see and I do not want to break anything just yet.

·
Registered
9,814 Posts
Their easy, just put your fingers under the edge and pry downwards. The edge that I am talking about is the one nearest to you, farthest away from the windshield. There are two clips on the two corners. The corners nearest to the windshield are on a henge, but can come apart when you pull down. Should not break though.

KOT

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
Does anyone know how I can replace the interior map lights with LED's. I already purchased the LED's but cant figure out how to get to the bulbs. There is no screw that I can see and I do not want to break anything just yet.
Here you go man: http://cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/led.html

lots of good info in the FAQ. (cadillacfaq.com, library of CTS/V & STS/V information)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts