Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that many of the more seasoned veterans have chosen the V-grille (with either the chrome or black mesh) or painting the stock grille to match the body...but has anyone seen or have pictures of a complete chromed stock grille or one that has the chrome lip (like the SRX not the cheap eBay crap) around the outside edge.

I do not want to have the car scream bling, but I also am not looking for the complete stealth look either. I saw that Pete has chromed grilles for $275 (not sure if that includes the core or if you have to send him your stock grille), but I would like to see one on a car (preferably Raven Black) before reaching in the back pocket.

...and yes...have gone through 70+ pages on this forum, did multiple searches and even went through cardomain and *********. Thanks much and look forward to pics.

T

·
Registered
2003 CTS
920 Posts
I bought a stock CTS & 300C grill on e-bay. As soon as Pete gets caught up with his other orders I'm having him chrome both. You will need your own grill to sent to him.

·
Registered
93 Allante, 06 CTS
723 Posts
Mine came with this dealer installed mesh grill, believe it is an E&G but don't really know. The difference is my grill is basically "single" mesh and the V-grill is more "dual" meshed - what does that mean? Mine is more easily seen through and the mounting for the cadi logo is different.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.2
74 Posts
RobertCTS said:
It's not on a car but showed me these CTS/SRX chromed grills.

wow. i really like the look of that. so it is 275 plus core? does anyone have a picture of one installed? does core have to be provided in advance or will he ship chromed grill then allow me to ship him my core to avoid riding around with no grill?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Those look very nice.

Is there a reason everyone seems against the grills on Ebay? Cheap quality? Some of them looked decent..

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
FSU_Noles said:
Mine came with this dealer installed mesh grill, believe it is an E&G but don't really know. The difference is my grill is basically "single" mesh and the V-grill is more "dual" meshed - what does that mean? Mine is more easily seen through and the mounting for the cadi logo is different.
It looks nice blacked-out. It is anodized or painted mesh?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts

·
Registered
Black Raven CTS 2.8 VVT
404 Posts
FSU_Noles said:
Where can i get a grille like that? Did it come black like that or didi you have to paint it?

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
FSU_Noles said:

If the logo is mounted on a piece of black plastic, then you have the E&G grill. I really like the look you have going there and if I dont get a sport appearance grille, I'll eventually buy a V grill off e-bay and give it the same "blacked-out mesh" look you have going on.

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
the cts-v grille is only 180 bucks off of gmpartsdirect.com

there are plenty of shops around that can chrome plate pastic, hell alsa corp just released a new painting system that does perfect chrome
(that is if you cant wait for pete or want to save some cash)

-K

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Kael said:
the cts-v grille is only 180 bucks off of gmpartsdirect.com

there are plenty of shops around that can chrome plate pastic, hell alsa corp just released a new painting system that does perfect chrome
(that is if you cant wait for pete or want to save some cash)-K
Keep in mind that Alsa is only paint and you also have to clear coat over it. I agree that it does look good but not very durable. The price of the Alsa chrome paint is through the roof. CMS is actually a plating process and adds chrome to the plastic structure. I've been waiting for a couple of months for my black chrome parts to come back from CMS. I'm anxious to see how the black chrome looks on the chrome strip above the grill looks on my raven black CTS.

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
true, the alsa stuff has just come out so it is expensive, its about as tough as paint cause it is paint. very true on both counts.

but robert (and anyone else) ever have a chromed peice of plastic before? yeah it chips and cracks pretty easily, i heard pete is using a thick coating procedure, but even then, after you get it i would hit it with some clear coat to keep it looking good for a long time to come.

·
Registered
93 Allante, 06 CTS
723 Posts
DDS rollin a CTS said:
If the logo is mounted on a piece of black plastic, then you have the E&G grill. I really like the look you have going there and if I dont get a sport appearance grille, I'll eventually buy a V grill off e-bay and give it the same "blacked-out mesh" look you have going on.
Yes, logo is mounted on plastic so E&G- again, dealer installed as were the E&G exhaust tips so I figured the grill was also E&G.. I like the moderate blackout, but still like the chrome around the grill to offset all the black - helps define it to me.

I do like the new sport grill but don't see much need in my wasting money to get a new grill when mine grills just fine for me.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
rm2077 said:
wow. i really like the look of that. so it is 275 plus core? does anyone have a picture of one installed? does core have to be provided in advance or will he ship chromed grill then allow me to ship him my core to avoid riding around with no grill?
Yep you send in your grill to CMS and they plate it. You may wanna pick up a spare grill on Ebay so you don't have to drive around with your grill out! I've seen them go for $20 +S&H on Ebay.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts