Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
none
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I was saying the 150 shot jet's. That's what I plan to use. But if I can go higher and still be safe I will.

·
Registered
'12 Regal GS, '01 Trans Am
248 Posts
Sounds like the 150 shot is on the safe side. I may be looking to bump that up a tad. 200???
If you're going to go over 150 I'd at least recommend going to a two-stage setup.

A single-stage 200 shot on a motor with known HG sealing problems...I wouldn't be surprised if you at least pushed some water, if not popped the HG at some point.

·
Registered
None
3 Posts
The engine is 100% stock.

AJ,

I'm no longer allowed to use the PM system due to being a newbie and the email I have for you is no longer valid. Can you send me a valid contact to altamore7 @ h.... o..... t...... m...ai.l or PM me at least I should be able to read it.

I'm ready to have my gm perf E67 flashed that we talked about a few months ago.

If someone who knows AJ can relay this message it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
none
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
If you're going to go over 150 I'd at least recommend going to a two-stage setup.

A single-stage 200 shot on a motor with known HG sealing problems...I wouldn't be surprised if you at least pushed some water, if not popped the HG at some point.
I have head studs, so I should be good.

·
Registered
'12 Regal GS, '01 Trans Am
248 Posts
Well assuming the motor takes it, a 200 hit on a FWD car with 225 street tires is going to have severe traction issues. I'd at least delay spraying until 2nd gear if you still don't want to run 2 stages, which would be my first choice.

·
Registered
none
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Im ready for the traction also. 275 MT ET streets up front. I'm installing coilovers so I may be able to fit larger tires I hope than the 275. The car that the motor is in can't fit a 275 without a wheel with enough offset. The tire begins to rub the spring perch.

May main concern was mainly the motor and what it will handle safely. We will see I guess.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts