Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 06 cts with a single disc cd player..had the car for about 2 months an now it starts telling me cd error when i have a cd in the it plays it sometimes..thought it was the cd so i mad new copies of it but sometimes it plays sometimes it says cd error anyone else have this??

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
i'll tell you what, a few months ago i was experiencing something like this. i figured it was the CD also, so i burned a new copy. no dice. my burned CD's worked in a multitude of other players, so i was at a loss...

well, i tried burning the CD on a different PC at a lower write speed, and it worked fine. i think (atleast for me), the stock radio is VERY tempramental to bootleg CD's. my aftermarket pioneer would play ANYTHING, but that doesn't seem to be the case for the caddy. btw, i have the bose stereo w/ 6-disc changer, so it's not just the stock. i recommend putting in a head-cleaning CD as well occasionally.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
The brand of media that use will also make a big difference. Memorex, for example or no name brands are not that good and will cause this to happen. Also, a good burner, such as a Plextor, makes a big difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts