Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
2009 CTS4
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
First post, here we go!

Using high temp rattle cans I feel like I was able to get a good result. I used 2 coats of primer, then 2 coats of Red, applied my High Temp Vinyl Logos after the red dried for about 30-45 minutes, then finally applied 2 coats of clear on top. Here's a couple close-ups of the front and rear with my stock 18's on, then a full view of the car with my 20's on. I definately need new rotors though lol.

Primer used - https://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-249340-Automotive-12-Ounce-Primer/dp/B003CT499O
Caliper Paint Used - Amazon.com: Dupli-Color SP731 Brake Caliper Drum Paint: Home Improvement
Clear Coat used - Amazon.com: Rust-Oleum Automotive 260771 11-Ounce 2000 Degrees High Heat Spray, Gloss Clear: Home Improvement

Hope you guys like the way they turned out!
20200423_193716[1].jpg
20200423_193733[1].jpg
Snapchat-343169530[1].jpg

Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 馃檮
Very nice results from aerosol cans! (y)
Welcome aboard, Patheticflower.

Registered
2011cts Luxury 3.0L sedan
I did mine a couple of months ago. Turned out pretty good. It鈥檚 a cheap way to change the cars look a bit. I did red on one side and copper metallic on the other side so I could see which I liked better. I just like how the copper makes it look more unique on the black car.

DF04F5B1-4307-4685-BF0D-7775C8FF18CF.png

Registered
**2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon-Luxury**
I like the copper better too...nice job

Bill

Registered
2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond
I did mine a couple of months ago. Turned out pretty good. It鈥檚 a cheap way to change the cars look a bit. I did red on one side and copper metallic on the other side so I could see which I liked better. I just like how the copper makes it look more unique on the black car.

View attachment 582246

View attachment 582249
Well? Don't leave us hanging, what color did u go with?

Registered
Well? Don't leave us hanging, what color did u go with?
Haha, yeah I went with the copper metallic. I like how they turned out. Looks good with my plasti-dipped rims. Such simply appearance mods totally change the look of the car. Co-workers thought I got new rims even.

Registered
VERY NICE!!! where did you get the front splinter?!
Linkage...

Registered
Haha, yeah I went with the copper metallic. I like how they turned out. Looks good with my plasti-dipped rims. Such simply appearance mods totally change the look of the car. Co-workers thought I got new rims even.
Yeah, the copper metallic is my personal fav.
Is the plasti-dip flat black or is it a different color? Looking to do something with the cruddy looking, clear-coat peeling winter wheels on my Tahoe.

Registered
Yeah, the copper metallic is my personal fav.
Is the plasti-dip flat black or is it a different color? Looking to do something with the cruddy looking, clear-coat peeling winter wheels on my Tahoe.
The rims are plasti-dipped with the graphite metallizer. Flat black base with the metallizer on top. Came out nice. I used black plastic dip on my grill.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts