Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still in need of a stereo wiring diagram for a 2004 SRX w/ factory nav. If anyone out there has one, knows where I can buy on online, will sell me a copy, will accept Paypal for a faxed copy, ANYTHING, I am desperate. (Dash is still torn apart in my garage)

Please feel free to contact me on here or directly at [email protected].

TIA!

Harlyn

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S GT Hatchback 2013 Kia Optima SXL
2,817 Posts
Did you go to your local dealer and ask them to print it out for you?

Don

·
Registered
Cadillac
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did, and they said no - I could purchase an entire shop manual (at a crazy price)

Should I try another dealer?

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
What are you looking for specifically? There are several schematics for the audio system.
What are you trying to do?

·
Registered
Cadillac
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am putting in an after market Nav system (along with some other custom goodies) - I know that the audio signal goes through the changer, so I need the wiring schematics so I can get it all wired. I also know that I need to change the data signal wire to a 12V accessory wire, but I already have the module to do that. Just need to verify where the audio signals route.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S GT Hatchback 2013 Kia Optima SXL
2,817 Posts
I did, and they said no - I could purchase an entire shop manual (at a crazy price)

Should I try another dealer?
When I first installed my aftermarket HU in my Seville, I went to my local dealer, and they printed out the schematic for me. Didn't even bat an eyelash. So I would try another dealer. Oh, and the dealer I went to wasn't even the dealer I bought my car from. Some dealers would rather have the positive experience, than to just make a buck on everything they touch.

Don

·
Registered
Cadillac
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to know - I am heading to the area of the next closest dealer (about 2 hours away) this weekend. I will check with them.

Thanks!

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I'll see if I can get you something later today or this weekend.

·
Registered
Cadillac
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you very much - I really appreciate it.

I will post photos and all the tech details of my project when I get it done (well, at least phase 1 - phase 2 is still in the planning stage...)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts