Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I am still deciding on which CD player I want to buy. I don't know for sure yet. I love Kenwoods, but if there is anything better, I may check it out. Anyone have any suggestions???

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
HollywoodHicks1 said:
Alright, I am still deciding on which CD player I want to buy. I don't know for sure yet. I love Kenwoods, but if there is anything better, I may check it out. Anyone have any suggestions???
Well the first thing you need to deciede is the options you want and how much money you want to spend.

Alpine, kenwood, and pioneer are my top brands. I know of plenty of places where i can get great deals on headunits if you would like me to check them out for you.

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
I have a Kenwood. It cost $100 new at best buy and came with free Dual 6" speakers, but thankfully they ran out of those and I got free Pioneer 6x9s. Anyway the Kenwood puts out good sound and I haven't had it skip yet. There's no removable faceplate on mine, but I'm sure you could get a model with it - I just didn't care cause I wouldn't remember to take it off anyway. So sometimes going with the cheapest thing you can find works, just try to stick to a name brand.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well JJHomer, as far as options go, I pretty much want a remote, and the detachable faceplate. Those are the main things. I hate driving and reaching to change the station on the radio. That car is oo big and I have to reach for it! But yeah, check some stuff out for me please. I am looking to spend no more than $200.00, but no less than 150.00.

And davesdeville, I've seen those Best Buy deals here in Cleveland. I wanted to go there to buy the CD player, but then I thought about Crutchfield and how they send you all that extra stuff. Which do you recommend?

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
I'd recommend best buy or circiut city or a local shop over crutchfield. Crutchfield seems too expensive for what you get. I dunno what weird kind of system Cadillac put in your car stock, but if it's one of the freaky ones with like 1 ohm speakers, you may end up needing to replace all 4 speakers.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
HollywoodHicks1 said:
Well JJHomer, as far as options go, I pretty much want a remote, and the detachable faceplate. Those are the main things. I hate driving and reaching to change the station on the radio. That car is oo big and I have to reach for it! But yeah, check some stuff out for me please. I am looking to spend no more than $200.00, but no less than 150.00.

And davesdeville, I've seen those Best Buy deals here in Cleveland. I wanted to go there to buy the CD player, but then I thought about Crutchfield and how they send you all that extra stuff. Which do you recommend?
For some options check out carstereoworld.com
http://www.carstereoworld.com/kenwood/kwcdrec.html#anchor1022455
that is the link for the kenwood section. The 522 and 422 models are both in your price range and both have a remote and detachable faceplate.

http://www.carstereoworld.com/pioneer/piocd.html#anchor1022455
that is the link for pioneer and the 3500 and 4500 models will also suit you well. Now these prices aren't the best out there but they are really close. A lot better than any store you go to that i have noticed. If you are really serious about a certian brand/model reciever I might be able to google it and find it cheaper. Also ebay has them on but i am always causious about electronics and ebey. Hope this helps a little for you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
inmycadillac