Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
673 Posts
Quick Jack. Amazing product. So is my low profile aluminum/steel SUV jack. Ditto the Fumoto valve. Position the jack at the central front mount and get enough height for the tray. Oil and filter change in 25 minutes and I know what filter and oil is used and how much of the latter. I also know for certainty that the oil filter o-ring is new. Has worked for me for decades. I have competitive rates as well.

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6L DI rebuilt to FE3 J55 G80 3.42:1
931 Posts
Position the jack at the central front mount and get enough height for the tray.
What jacking point are you talking about? I always have to jack one side, then the other, using a large floor jack with a rubber cushion under the front of the front doors marked by the arrow. I'm not aware of a single jack point that lifts the whole front of the car without damaging structures that aren't designed for jacking.

Am I missing something?

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,039 Posts
Oil and filter change in 25 minutes and I know what filter and oil is used and how much of the latter. I also know for certainty that the oil filter o-ring is new. Has worked for me for decades.
You don't need a new stinking O-ring, lol. It's fer sure good for 50,000-100,000 miles!

Reactions: silversport

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Hello all, just wanted to say thanks for all your comments.

I have not been successful with landing the CTS. The biggest challenge has been qualified vehicles within driving or reasonable shipping locations. Not to mention the travel challenges over the past several weeks (I'm hard pressed to buy something without test driving).

I am going to continue the search but agree with all of you that indicated prior ownership and maintenance are mandatory (not interested in buying something not well maintained).

Enjoying the site and will let you know.

Best,
Rick

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
673 Posts
Hello all, just wanted to say thanks for all your comments.

I have not been successful with landing the CTS. The biggest challenge has been qualified vehicles within driving or reasonable shipping locations. Not to mention the travel challenges over the past several weeks (I'm hard pressed to buy something without test driving).

I am going to continue the search but agree with all of you that indicated prior ownership and maintenance are mandatory (not interested in buying something not well maintained).

Enjoying the site and will let you know.

Best,
Rick
Cool. Good luck, NorthernRick.

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
9,489 Posts
"Your" CTS is out there somewhere. Be patient and it will present itself to you.

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
673 Posts
What is it about Canadians that we call ourselves "Northern" when we go online? Heck, any Brit lives at a more northerly latitude than I do.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,039 Posts
Good Lord, at least you guys know how to engineer things. I've always said that British engineering is an oxymoron. Oh, and you can play hockey. And curl. And drink Molson XXX.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts