Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2016 XTS Premium
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just browsed a 2010 DI CTS at my local dealer - $40K base price with a few minor options included. With a sunroof, auto, and floor mats added - its over $43K.

·
Registered
2014 Standard SrX grey/black 2006 GTO
1,795 Posts
It's a Cadillac. luxury cars are expensive.
Wait until there are purchase or lease incentives to get one.

But before you do go to a BMW dealer and price a 3 series or 5 series.
If you think you have sticker shock with the CTS a BMW sticker will certainly give you a heart attack.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac STS V8
613 Posts
I don't think that is such a bad price. Cadillac's were never mean't to be cheap. They are a luxury car, not a cheapo Chevy. That's why we buy them. They are special and very nice. I want them to be cheap.

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, GMPP new engine 11/2013
2,092 Posts
Just browsed a 2010 DI CTS at my local dealer - $40K base price with a few minor options included. With a sunroof, auto, and floor mats added - its over $43K.
Yeah...when I ordered my '08 CTS back in Sep '07...before the wildy-successful Kate Walsh TV commercials and Motor Trend Car of the Year Award...the base 3.6L DI with Auto Transmission was only $34,545 MSRP plus $745 Destination Charge.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
584 Posts
Just passed the 2-year ownership mark on my 2008 DI, FE3, Nav, Spare - everything but AWD. The sticker was $46,135, now building the same car on KBB for a 2010 model is $53,085; an increase of almost $7K. But the model adds 19" wheels and bluetooth...

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V **sold**, 2009 CTS4
376 Posts
Up here in Canada loaded AWD sticker comes in at $62,000 CDN...or $58,798 USD. :holycrap:

·
Registered
2015 ATS 3.6 RWD Premium
502 Posts
It's a Cadillac. luxury cars are expensive.
Wait until there are purchase or lease incentives to get one.

But before you do go to a BMW dealer and price a 3 series or 5 series.
If you think you have sticker shock with the CTS a BMW sticker will certainly give you a heart attack.
:yup:

·
Registered
09 CTS
91 Posts
He's right - go to a BMW dealer not only will you get major sticker shock but those A-holes would not even deal. They think BMW's are the greatest. I told the sales manger to see how far this BMW will fit up your A##$$$. Then I went to the Cadillac dealer where I was treated great and worked out a great deal on my 2009 CTS. :bouncy:

·
Registered
2014 Standard SrX grey/black 2006 GTO
1,795 Posts
It's not just the buy in cost of a BMW that is bad, this is what will happen when you go to trade it in, "well sir, we can buy them at the auction really cheaply so this is all I can offer you on your trade." 1 day later that customer can go look at the car he just traded in and see about $8-10K of profit tacked on.
I did just have a firend buy a '07 fully fully loaded M5 w/ 22K miles on it for $48K. Sticker was $97,500.
So much for resale.

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD FE2 CRYSTAL RED TINTCOAT/LIGHT TITANIUM
295 Posts
German autos are insanely overpriced IMO especially nowadays with our dollar not being worth shit anymore. Frankly, I owned a 635CSi some years ago and although very nice, was disappointing because the cost was so high. (You realize after the initial thrill wears off a bit and ask yourself, 'What the hell did I do?') Also, I had more problems with that BMW than any car I have owned.
I'll take a DI AWD CTS anyday over a Beemer. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
NONE
1,423 Posts
If $43g shocks you then you should take a look at this one....

Exterior: Blue Diamond Tricoat Exterior
Drive Wheels: AWD
Engine: 3.6L 6 cyl Fuel Injection
Transmission: 6 speed automatic
MSRP: $53,655
VIN: 1G6DS5EV5A0105716

·
Registered
08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options
2,541 Posts
The CTS is worth the money albeit the GM quality. If you are lucky and get one free of problems it definitely is a steal. I paid $48k out of the door for fully loaded DI RWD. Similarly equipped MB or BMW would have cost me much more...

·
Registered
Cadillac
738 Posts
To compare a BMW or Mercedes, you need to compare against a 5 series or E-class. They are approximately the same size as a CTS (the CTS is larger in some dimensions). They german cars do offer a little more in terms of engines and features (especially the new E-class), but that is for everyone to determine what they want to pay for. As stated above, it is a Cadillac. I remember someone posted on here before that they bought a well used CTS for not much money, then they complained that getting something fixed cost a lot. The cost of ownership is higher than say a Malibu, but the german cars will be much, much higher.

·
Registered
Cadillac
375 Posts
I had to chuckle at MoFex's comment, "If you are lucky enough to get one free of problems, it definitely is a steal." While I agree, I thought that I would add my two cents. I have a 2008 purchased new in June of 2008. I has has some minor issues. All of which have been addressed and it is a car that I just LOVE. However, I consider myself a Senior guy, or some would say an "Old Fart" and thus feel compelled to share an opinion based on extensive experience. That is that EVERY car has some sort of issue and I mean EVERY CAR regardless of manufacture. I could be a Kia, Cadillac, or Rolls Royce. It can be made and assembled entirely by hand or by machine. It makes no difference. Some problems surface right away and some take some time to rear their ugly heads. It is just that the more we pay, the more irritating these generally small problems seem. While perfection is a noble goal, the reality of the situation is that ANY product made up of thousands of pieces and interfaces will have some problem. To expect the PERFECT automobile regardless of brand or cost is to flaunt reality.

·
Registered
Previous: '08 CTS4, '09 CTS, '11 CTS4, all Premium models. No longer own a Cadillac.
2,109 Posts
I had to chuckle at MoFex's comment, "If you are lucky enough to get one free of problems, it definitely is a steal." While I agree, I thought that I would add my two cents. I have a 2008 purchased new in June of 2008. I has has some minor issues. All of which have been addressed and it is a car that I just LOVE. However, I consider myself a Senior guy, or some would say an "Old Fart" and thus feel compelled to share an opinion based on extensive experience. That is that EVERY car has some sort of issue and I mean EVERY CAR regardless of manufacture. I could be a Kia, Cadillac, or Rolls Royce. It can be made and assembled entirely by hand or by machine. It makes no difference. Some problems surface right away and some take some time to rear their ugly heads. It is just that the more we pay, the more irritating these generally small problems seem. While perfection is a noble goal, the reality of the situation is that ANY product made up of thousands of pieces and interfaces will have some problem. To expect the PERFECT automobile regardless of brand or cost is to flaunt reality.
cafpaf, great post. An excellent example of why I continue coming back to this forum.
Thanks,
RAB.

·
Registered
Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '71 Eldo Conv
995 Posts
Very well stated, cafpaf! My CTS-4 might just be the perfect car, except for one thing . . . no car is perfect! ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts