Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
37s, 57s, 93 eldo, 02 DHS, 05 XLR
13 Posts
Hi I wanted to add some information about the sticker and the engine size. The sticker is an engine model number. I agree with an earlier post that I have found that the cars with the 501 sticker have 472CID in small print on the same sticker. In addition, I believe that the sticker on a car with a 500 will read 776 with small print that says 500 CID. I have gotten into arguments with folks about whether or not the biggest cad engine was a 501 or a 500. I believe that the argument stems from these 501 stickers being miss-interpreted to mean 501 CID. Dave

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
djmumm said:
Hi I wanted to add some information about the sticker and the engine size. The sticker is an engine model number. I agree with an earlier post that I have found that the cars with the 501 sticker have 472CID in small print on the same sticker. In addition, I believe that the sticker on a car with a 500 will read 776 with small print that says 500 CID. I have gotten into arguments with folks about whether or not the biggest cad engine was a 501 or a 500. I believe that the argument stems from these 501 stickers being miss-interpreted to mean 501 CID. Dave

Thanks for the info . Thats good info. I will remember that one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hav a deville thought it was a 1973. But they didnt put 500 until 75. The emissions sticker says 501 in big numbers. Was this number on any other engines. The car is in storage about 45 miles away from me. So I dont know if its a 8.* . ? So I cant check the year or the liters. Hope its a 500? Its is going in a 91 sanoma. Wich I just found out today is a 4x4. Now I need to trade this thing for a 2WD s sieries has a 4.3 running. The motor still needs to be connected fuel, wires, etc. the motor is in the truck. The orig plan was to place this 500? in the 91 . cant do that with a 4WD. Can anyone tell me if its easy to swap out the front dif, I have a 400 trans and a 350 trans for the big block orig. Or should I just trade it. Thanks for any tips.
The sticker says "GM 501" and underneath "472 cu in." "GM 501" was the Environmental Protection Agency "family designation" for GM's 500 and 472 cubic-inch engines.

Thanks for the info . Thats good info. I will remember that one.
GM-501 isn't a model number. It's the EPA "family designation" for GM's 472 and 500 cubic inch engines.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,385 Posts
You just replied to a thread that died 16 years ago and none of the respondents has logged in for the last 5 years.

Good info, though. Welcome to CF !!!

·
Registered
1980 FBC
3,130 Posts
I liked the original post. wonder if the poster is still living.

The sticker subject still comes up.

What's old is new again.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts