Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subaru WRX STI or Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution (VIII)?????

I'd go with the Subaru because i think they look better, and i dont like mitsubishis

·
Registered
'98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!
4,425 Posts
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
Subaru WRX STI or Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution (VIII)?????

I'd go with the Subaru because i think they look better, and i dont like mitsubishis
How subjective!!! :p

I like the EVO a little more, but a CTS-V is the far better choice...:D

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
I'd go with the STI. I like the exterior and interior a lot better then the Evo's. the Evo looks to blah for me. The only things I don't like about the STI's is no stereo and no floor mats to "save weight". And I know a lot of guys with STI's and can get parts for them real cheap compared to an Evo

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
A friend I know test drove both cars and reported that the Evo was the best handling car he'd ever driven....EVER.

In terms of the Evo being weaker than the Sti, in almost every test I read the Evo out performs the Sti. The Sti usually wins in straight line races, but everything else goes to the Evo. That would make the Evo a more well rounded car IMO. But then, I've never driven either car so what do I know? :cool:

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I want to drive them both.....Topgear tested one of em and I recall the reviews were amazing. I guess its a matter of taste to some degree since both of these cars seem to be amazing (and similar) in performance.

·
Registered
'87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)
3,703 Posts
I'd go with the STi, since the EVO's don't fare as well in the long run if you drive them hard. Also, Subaru isn't going anywhere, while Mitsubishi is going to hell in a handbasket so to speak. At least buying a Subaru, you'll know that the company will still be around for the entire duration of your warranty.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
Mitsubishi isn't that bad off. If I were the autocrossing type who was all into turning and such I'd pick the Evo. I dunno why everybody capitolizes "EVO" when they type it, it's an abbreviation for Evolution, thus it's not necessary.

I, however, like going fast in a straight line. Therefore it would be STi for me.

Then again I don't think I could have a nonluxury vehicle for a daily driver. So even if I picked up one of these cars for really cheap or free, I'd have to sell it in favor of some form of luxury performance car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts