Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes... another stereo thread. After hours of reading I haven’t figured it out yet (maybe I missed it, maybe I’m crazy, maybe both).
07 EXT factory Bose / nav.. ordered subs / boxes, double din (more clear music, BT, etc) not realizing there isn’t a 7$ plug n play Walmart harness like all my other vehicles I’ve done. The links I’ve found in here are no longer active as well as most pics... can anybody step in and tell me what kind of harness adapter will get me going? And if there’s a lot more to it... what it is 😬. Thanks!!!

PS I accidentally went overboard and ordered the behind seat and under seat box, for 4 subs... too committed to stop now lol!

·
Registered
2010 Hybrid Escalade
33 Posts
Congrats, which head unit did you decide on?
I have 2 rockford fosgate p2-12s powered by the P500X1bd.
Spoiler for ...:
It's epic

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn’t go fancy on the head unit since before I realized it I was $500 in and still needed 2 more subs , an amp AND a head unit lol! Got a refurb kenwood unit from crutchfield

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac Escalade ESV Premium
42 Posts
I didn’t go fancy on the head unit since before I realized it I was $500 in and still needed 2 more subs , an amp AND a head unit lol! Got a refurb kenwood unit from crutchfield
If you got it from crutchfield, they should have pointed you in the right direction for the wiring harness. You will also need antenna adapter as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2007 Escalade ESV and am having Car Toys guy install a new Nav system , front camera, new Kenwood flush screen. Cost a bit but with only 90k of miles it will be nice to have.

·
Registered
09 Escalade ESV Platinum
555 Posts
Always a good idea to make a Pro shop the first stop. Get a written estimate. Most don't realize that there's a lot of aftermarket magic that goes into the seamless install of an aftermarket Navi unit. When an upgrade occurs harness adapters ensure that same blinker clickity sound comes through the speakers. Yes, that's not really the blinker relay doing that.

Different harnesses have differing levels of features. You won't know unless you went into Crutchfield's site and did a apples and apples comparison on adapters and harnesses. As you get closer to OEM operation, the price goes up.

Most importantly, check with you Insurance company discretely. Verify if an aftermarket Navi unit is covered on your policy. Sometimes all it takes is to let them know you purchased the truck with an aftermarket head unit prior to an event occurring, other times insurance companies flat out will not cover an aftermarket radio/Navi and you're stuck with a deductible identical to a broken window replacement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts