Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac 2006 DTS Lux II
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone notice that to get a CD to properly play that the radio must be turned on and playing when you insert a CD otherwise the CD won't play. With the radio off the CD player will suck that CD right in and an icon will appear on the screen but it will not play. If I eject the CD, turn the radio on, and then reinsert the CD it plays fine. Not a huge issue but seems like design flaw to me. You have to listen to whatever is on the radio first before you can play a CD.

F

·
0 Posts
Not so with mine. With the radio off, I insert a CD and it is pulled in and starts to play. Take it to the dealer or test another DTS from the lot.

F

·
0 Posts
Delayed thought. I did have one CD (that I made on my PC) that would not play. It would also not play on my home system. It would only play on a PC. Try a commercial CD that you know works on your home system.

·
Registered
Cadillac 2006 DTS Lux II
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they have all been commercial CDs- This is just one of several electrical quirks with the vehicle. Waiting to determine which of them merit giving the vehicle up for several days to the dealer. Also trying to determine which ones are indemic to the vehicle, and which ones they might actually be able to fix

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
I was curious, so I just went and checked mine.

It doesn't do like yours does. No key in ignition ... pushed eject button..it ejected the homemade MP3 cd. Turned on ignition. Turned radio "OFF." Removed key from ignition.

Stick the store bought CD in the slot. It takes it in. Put key in ignition and turn on. CD starts playing track 1.

I think I would take it in and let them fix it. No need to put up with that as much as we pay for the cars.

Jim from Texas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts