Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Stereo Question

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  cadi509 
#1 ·
I have one more question for the night. Apologize now if this has been posted prior, but I'm new to this site and not sure how to navigate these 100 pages of forum topics.

`99 Eldorado- I have a bose single CD with cassette. Is there a newer caddy model stereo that will replace/slide into the existing stereo spot. Maybe one that has multi disk and ipod capibilities? Or what brand of aftermarket fits into that large area the best and still looks decent... maybe with a LCD screen..?
Thanks in advance,,!

#2 ·
I think the newest head unit that will fit is from an '01 Eldorado, but it'd be the same as yours. I THINK I saw something on here in the past week or so about factory nav on an Eldo, but I'm not sure. Nothing aftermarket will look as sleek as the factory head unit. Check Crutchfield.com to see if someone makes an iPod integration module. (charge you're iPod/iPhone, listen to it through the cars speakers and control it with radio/steering wheel controls)

#4 ·
Installing a denso nav unit from the 02+ sevilles/devilles is possible but would require many MANY changes electronically that an inexperianced cadillac owner should not take on, go to N*caddy's profile he has a how to on adding an AUX input to the factory stereo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.