Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Deville
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone and thank you ahead of time for your answers and ideas. If there is a thread already pertaining to what I am about to post please link it as an answer.

I own a stock 2004 Deville base model with
standard audio, non bose. I decided to install a single DIN unit dvd/cd player. I bought all the proper installation kits and wiring needed (yes the ridiculously expensive axxess kit).

I followed the install kit directly, soldered all the wires and bundled them neatly and ready to go. I popped out the old stereo and noticed how small the radio cavity is.

I placed the wires on top of the radio, finagled everything to work and tried placing the stereo in. It wouldn't go in. Popped out about an inch or so. Disconnected all the wires and tried placing the radio in with just in the install kit. Still wouldn't go in, not until the I turned the kit upside down, with the kit's shelf cavity facing upwards instead of down, it then fit, but the screw tabs don't line up, leaving me confused and a bit frustrated. What happens is the radio hits the sloped back of the stereo cavity. I checked online and my radio can be used, so that's not the problem.

My questions are: has anyone run into this problem before and how did you fix it and do you have any tips on how to fit all the wiring and fuses and that damn axxess box into that small cavity or behind it? There doesn't seem to be much room anywhere.

Thank you

single

----------

*excuse the typing and grammar errors.

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Wouldn't surprise me if you have to lengthen the wires and put connections elsewhere. I remember couple posts about doing just that. Mine(98) had so many connections i ended up eliminating about a foot of wire and a connection to make it all fit.

Google search for fitment issues if HU won't physically fit.

·
Registered
2004 Deville
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I probably figured I'd have to extend wires. That's fine, but the unit only fitting upside down is confusing me. I googled the head unit and it was listed as compatible. So unless I'm missing
Something...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts