Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what size will fit my 96deville? 2DIN,or 1 1/2 DIN? Does any 1know the depth?

will i need a KIT say if i put 1DIN unit? Where can i get 1?
Where in general can i get more info on caddi stereo set up... i wanna get rid of stock speakers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
llac96deville said:

Where in general can i get more info on caddi stereo set up... i wanna get rid of stock speakers.

check out www.crutchfield.com

you can enter your vehicle info and it will show you what will fit
in your car.
head unit,speakers front and rear, and comes with detailed installation
directions if you order from them.

makes it very easy

Pwrhse

·
Registered
630 Posts
You can buy a "Universal dash Kit" for your car at any Wallmart, PepBoyz, or Auto Zone parts store if you plan on doing the install yourself and replace the factory deck with a aftermarket stereo of your choice, you will also need a wire GM wire harness for your new stereo. Check out this site for more info on Installations > http://www.carstereohelp.com

·
Registered
12 Posts
youre caddy is 1.5 din(3" tall) you will need an adapter for 1 din, and 2 din won't fit, look at panasonoc they have the best 1.5 din player, but I forgot what the name was....

·
Registered
15 Posts
llac96deville said:

A big component into changing your stock speakers is knowing what type of factory system is in your car? If it's a powered premium BOSE setup (says BOSE on the radio) then there's removal of your powered equipment that needs to take place and full rewiring to a head unit is needed. if it's not premium then you should be able to use a custom dash kit (look on specialty websites or eBay for your vehicle specific mount, i found a great harness at discountcarstereo.com plus a bypass that lets me keep my steering wheel controls for a 97-99 deville) to mount a head unit and just replace the speakers in your doors/rear deck and connect them to your head unit...i recommend hooking up an amp though (even tho u hafta rewire it sounds that much better and clear). good luck man, lemme kno how u do with it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
delegance