Cadillac Owners Forum banner
3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Ls1 Catera project 
#1 ·
Can anybody tell me if there is a Steinmetz dealer here in the US? Or at least one that ships to the US, I was looking at the catera conversion on their web site and I would really like to know where I could pick up some of those body mods and the supercharger.

#2 ·
steinmetz themselves will ship to the US, bout to have them ship me the swaybars and fuel cap cover. The body stuff may get expensive to ship from germany. PVD stocks steinmetz in England and it being a bit closer may be cheaper, but they never reply to me. Steinmetz always has, and gave me shipping amounts too. As far as the supercharger, they told me they do not make it and it was only made for the concept catera...all the parts they do stock technically are not even for the catera in the first place, they are for the opel omega.

#3 · (Edited)
dang, just got an email back from them saying the following:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Ryan,

Thank you very much for your e-mail and your interest in our range of
products.

We are very sorry, but the parts of our orange Catera are concept parts
and we will not produce them.

This car were made in corporation with GM in the USA for a Catera
event.

We, the company Steinmetz GmbH develop parts for Opel models. Due to
the reason, that the Catera has big differences with the european Opel
Omega we do not offer any parts for this car.

In the enclosure you will find our price list for Omega B parts. You
can use the following parts also for Catera models:

- interior parts
- wheels
- springs

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information.

With kindest regards

Steinmetz GmbH
O p e l-T u n i n g

Dimitri Nikolaou
Export Manager
-------------------------------------------------------------------

So, looks like steinmetz is more or less out as an idea...

#5 ·
Dude, they say that but its garbage. There is a 3.0L v-6 opel omega just like the catera and it is the same car. The concept catera parts are no different, its crap. My remus exhaust was made for the opel omega and works incredible. The supercharger they do not make, unfortunately, or any tuners for our engine. But the body is the same...stuff like the swaybars I am getting will work too. I know the eibach springs and koni struts and shocks work on both too. Think about its GM branded but made in germany (both omega and catera) and the catera is shipped here.

#6 ·
~hey all~

Well, Steinmetz got back to me while ago too. The way I look at it for me is once I am almost done with my car swap Ls1, Elbach and Koni's, rims and tires, Recaros and etc's that I can get here in U.S then I am going to save up more money and go to take some rest from my car and travel to Germany to Steinmetz chain shops etc's once I will have colledge break to check Germany out and have fun. It would be fun if my Ls1 Catera would able to fly with me on the plane and I can take it on Auto Bahn. LOL all doe I think that's too much money for me to handle under 20 years of age. Things hopefully I would get in Germany ( 1 pice racing grill, maybe bodie kit dont want to making it look taki doe, interior etc's) If I ever do that I bring extra's and hook some of you up but that would be long time so in mean while just do major things first that you keep forever. Keep it on clean side doe.

Again good luck on all your projects and keep posting.

Ls1 Catera Project.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.