Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'17 ATS-V Coupe
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed this wheel from this website?

I ordered one and after installing, the TC button doesn't work. Every other button functions as it should. The TC button does light up though.
I made sure all wire harnesses were clipped in properly, heard audible clicks and all.

I did however notice an extra heating wire harness that my original wheel did not have. I've read on here about some issues getting the correct wheel and I'm wondering if this is the case?

The support person says it's the correct wheel and a plug is probably loose. He also said he sold a few to the forum members here.

Anyone else install this wheel?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Did you happen to probe and trace wires to compare the harnesses in the 2 wheels when you had them both off?

·
Registered
'17 ATS-V Coupe
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you happen to probe and trace wires to compare the harnesses in the 2 wheels when you had them both off?
No I didn't even think of it. It's easy enough to pop off the airbag and pull trim so maybe I'lll take a look tonight.

·
Registered
'17 ATS-V Coupe
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took a closer look and compared the wiring and realized that they are a bit different. My original V wheel looks to have 1 extra wire compared to the new suede wheel. I'm assuming this is why the TC button did not work but still illuminated.

·
Registered
'17 ATS-V Phantom Grey Sedan 8AT
78 Posts
...wonder how this compares to a non-V wheel that has the heating button instead. That is one possibility ... does it get warm when you turn off T/C haha

·
Registered
'17 ATS-V Coupe
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
...wonder how this compares to a non-V wheel that has the heating button instead. That is one possibility ... does it get warm when you turn off T/C haha
I believe this is a non-v wheel because there is an extra wiring harness for heat that doesn't connect to anything on the V. Yet they keep telling me it should still be compatible with a V.

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V
303 Posts
Look on the box that the wheel was sent to you in. Does it have that same part number, 23316245, on it? I went through this with my dealer for months. They forgot to add the suede wheel and shifter to my order and when they went to get them separately they kept ordering the wrong one. The box I have that finally did have the correct wheel has that same part number from your link on it so think they either sent you the wrong one by mistake or the wrong wheel got put into the wrong box.

Edit: So I looked at the old leather wheel I still have and the part number on it is here, red arrow in pic below, see if the new suede one you are installing has 23316245 on it here.

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V
303 Posts
Ok so interesting enough I popped the airbag out of the suede wheel that is currently in my car that everything works on and found this part number on the sticker. Also the wiring on this wheel looks like the one on your leather wheel and my leather wheel looks like the wiring on your suede wheel but as far as I remember the traction control button worked on my car with both wheels. 🤔

·
Registered
'17 ATS-V Coupe
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok so interesting enough I popped the airbag out of the suede wheel that is currently in my car that everything works on and found this part number on the sticker. Also the wiring on this wheel looks like the one on your leather wheel and my leather wheel looks like the wiring on your suede wheel but as far as I remember the traction control button worked on my car with both wheels. 🤔

View attachment 579452
Thanks for taking a pic of your wheel. Definitely interesting and confusing. 🤷‍♂️

Does your car have collision alert?

Part# sticker on the inside of the new suede wheel is #23316243 (website says 23316245). I'm not sure what number was on the box because I just shipped it back.

The support guy said the part numbers change because of how the wheel kit is assembled and the year the parts were produced. He insisted I had the correct wheel though and it was the only one GM offered. I've seen other pictures of suede wheels and leather wheels without the extra harness though so I have no idea?

I'm not sure what my stock leather part number is, I put it back on and forgot to take a picture of it.

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V
303 Posts
I do not have collision alert but does that matter for what wheel you have? Does it vibrate the wheel or indicate somehow on the wheel?

I do know there are a bunch of different part numbers and it seems to be a pain to sort out which one you need is. Maybe try calling a dealership? I've heard if you find a car with your same options that has the suede wheel they can look up by vin the part number for the wheel that's in it.

What's really weird and makes no sense is your suede wheel and my leather one have the same part number. 🤨

·
Registered
'17 ATS-V Coupe
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do not have collision alert but does that matter for what wheel you have? Does it vibrate the wheel or indicate somehow on the wheel?

I do know there are a bunch of different part numbers and it seems to be a pain to sort out which one you need is. Maybe try calling a dealership? I've heard if you find a car with your same options that has the suede wheel they can look up by vin the part number for the wheel that's in it.
If I search your wheel part it comes back as not having collision alert.

So it makes wonder if the wiring harness is a bit different. I do have a button above the traction control for the collision alert but that's it.

I'll give the dealer a try and see what they say. Thanks for the all the info!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts