Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,711 Posts
Good deal would depend on the price of the parts but it sounds like a reasonable deal. Either way, glad its solved.

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts
I've heard this before...from cars that have been towed...unknowledgeable tow drivers securing the car on suspension components instead of tie down points

could have happened when car was salvaged from the flood

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,711 Posts
I've heard this before...from cars that have been towed...unknowledgeable tow drivers securing the car on suspension components instead of tie down points

could have happened when car was salvaged from the flood
I assume he couldn't hold his breath long enough to find the correct places if the water was muddy.

C

·
0 Posts
Yeh GM put out a bulletin or something about proper towing procedures with the ATS & CTS warning not to secure, tow or lift either car by any suspension part.
You are supposed to use a flat bed car carrier with the included recovery tow hook and then strap the tires to secure the car to the flat bed.

·
Registered
2008 CTS
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Makes sence, good point!,i really appreciate you alls opinion and comments, makes me feel im not alone here :). I have a quick question, if by any chance the steering wheel is not fixed and they come up that it needs something regarding something else, will i be ae to tell them its not fair since they said problem would be resolved with that?? Idk its just ive had bad experiences in regular shops where mechanics blame it on something they cant fix and i end up replacing parts i didnt have to, that do not solve the problem.. This is my first time going to a dealership, sucks im out with no car for 5 more days.

Ps i also have a veryy small vibration when idling, i have heard is very common in ats, should i ask to get it troubleshooted as well?? Its probably the motor mount right??

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel
2,911 Posts
I am glad the dealer found the problem because what the prior shop found wouldn't logically account for the symptoms you described while damaged control arms certainly fits. $400 sounds reasonable for having the work done at the dealership, less is always better but the dealership has a lot of costs to cover and in the grand scheme of things it isn't a lot of money.

For the vibration at idle you might want to use the forum search just because there is so much information available about it along with different experiences and perceptions of rough idle. My 2014 ATS has a 3.6 just like I had in my 2008 CTS and engine operation at idle is somewhat more noticeable in the ATS compared to my previous CTS but it is a minor difference. On a positive note initial cold start is smoother with the ATS; the searching my 2008 CTS went through always bothered me a little. On cold start after a few seconds it would attempt to slow the idle then go back to initial fast idle a couple of times before it settled down. The combination of direct injection and a pretty low base idle speed are probably the prime culprits for the rougher idle.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts