Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have been with this Forum for a few years now And I think you guy's are great. When ever I have a problem with my 98 ELDO. I come here and find the answer.

I would like to know if anyone has change the steering wheel position sensor and if they could give me some in put as to how to change it.

Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
99 STS, White Diamond
792 Posts
Do not attempt without a true service manual or on-line subsciption. Do not attempt in cold weather as there is a sylphon (think accordion bellows) rubber piece at the firewall that is devilishly difficult to move unless warm.

No particularly special tools required.

Common enough repair that those familiar can do rapidly and perfectly at reasonable cost. Just difficult enough that those unfamiliar may be cursing but at least little chance of doing something stupid if you follow the instructions. Smaller than average size is a definite benefit as you won't feel compelled to remove the driver's seat...

p.s. The sensor is near the base of the steering column and looks like a beige plastic donut around the shaft. Ensure that no wiring is crossing and kept as far away as possible. This is an extremely sensitive component that appears vulnerable to electromagnetic interference.

·
Registered
2001 DeVille DHS
33 Posts
Has anyone replaced the steering wheel position sensor and effectively satisfied the "Service Stability System" prompt that seems to be quite common? In other words, if I go through the hassle of replacing the sensor, can I be confident that this prompt will not reappear?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts