Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking my 2015 platinum in for service today. I have a long list of things for them to fix/check. Most I have read about on this forum, but I haven't seen any posts on the clicking I am hearing / feeling in the steering wheel. It is intermittent and subtle. I have noticed it mostly on slow cornering in town. I am wondering if it is the electronic steering wheel lock mechanism. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
Clifford X said:
I am taking my 2015 platinum in for service today. I have a long list of things for them to fix/check. Most I have read about on this forum, but I haven't seen any posts on the clicking I am hearing / feeling in the steering wheel. It is intermittent and subtle. I have noticed it mostly on slow cornering in town. I am wondering if it is the electronic steering wheel lock mechanism. Anyone else have this issue?
The clicking is when you turn off the engine and get out of the escalade. The clicking is when the steering wheel lock is engaged. Turning with electronic steering, you don't feel or hear anything.

·
Registered
2015 Mercedes CLS63 AMG S
890 Posts
Mine has been making clicking/clanking and even buzzing sounds since I've had mine (my steering wheel also wiggles up and down). Brought it in and mentioned it on 4-6 service appointments, I'm just being told they can't duplicate my concern. Mentioned it to GM Canada's Executive review team, they mentioned they believe other owners wouldn't notice the issues I have. So I've been out of luck on getting anything done with it.

·
Registered
Escalade
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The clicking is when you turn off the engine and get out of the escalade. The clicking is when the steering wheel lock is engaged. Turning with electronic steering, you don't feel or hear anything.
I know it locks when you turn off the engine.
Mine clicks and pops while I am driving it and making a turn.

12,778 Posts
Hi Clifford X,

We sincerely apologize that you have been experiencing multiple concerns with your Cadillac, but are happy to hear that you are working with your local dealership to get them resolved. We understand that you visited your dealership yesterday and wanted to follow up to make sure your visit was satisfactory. Please let us know if we can offer any further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Samantha N
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
388 Posts
Mine also makes a mild pop noise every once in a while when turning. I believe it is some parts holding the wheels together that make the noise when held in the right area. It happens in the area where the wheel meets the airbag and electronic housing is joined. It could also be the lock making noise from too much pressure on the wheel

·
Registered
2000 Cadillac Catera Sport
242 Posts
Hi Clifford X,

We sincerely apologize that you have been experiencing multiple concerns with your Cadillac, but are happy to hear that you are working with your local dealership to get them resolved. We understand that you visited your dealership yesterday and wanted to follow up to make sure your visit was satisfactory. Please let us know if we can offer any further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Samantha N
Cadillac Customer Care
Why is it you reply to other members problems but have no interest in helping Zhariak with his continuous problems with his escalade. Smh smh

·
Registered
Escalade
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Clifford X,

Kind Regards,

Samantha N
Cadillac Customer Care
Thanks.
The dealer ordered a new steering column.
They also ordered a new glove box actuator, as mine only opens after several attempts.
They fixed a few other things, but there is still no fix for the slow ipod integration. It is very frustrating to try and listen to music. I won't buy another Cadillac or GMC unless they can improve the CUE system and get it to work with an ipod.
They are waiting to hear back from GM on what to do about the mirrors scratching the paint when folding.
They updated the camera software, but it is still washed out, like the brightness and contrast are turned up too high.
So still waiting for some things to get resolved. Sounds like some will be and others will not.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
Clifford X said:
Thanks. The dealer ordered a new steering column. They also ordered a new glove box actuator, as mine only opens after several attempts. They fixed a few other things, but there is still no fix for the slow ipod integration. It is very frustrating to try and listen to music. I won't buy another Cadillac or GMC unless they can improve the CUE system and get it to work with an ipod. They are waiting to hear back from GM on what to do about the mirrors scratching the paint when folding. They updated the camera software, but it is still washed out, like the brightness and contrast are turned up too high. So still waiting for some things to get resolved. Sounds like some will be and others will not.
You still have an iPod? You can upgrade it or transfer your music videos to your iPhone or update the software of your iPod to work as media.

·
Registered
Escalade
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You still have an iPod? You can upgrade it or transfer your music videos to your iPhone or update the software of your iPod to work as media.
I don't want to use my iphone for music in the car.
What do you mean by use the ipod as media?

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
1,071 Posts
I don't want to use my iphone for music in the car.
What do you mean by use the ipod as media?
he is talking about the bluetooth feature. Most people, including me, use our iPhone, as iPods and connect it via bluetooth. Most of the new iPods come with bluetooth as well. What kind of iPod you have?

·
Registered
Escalade
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a few and have tried them all. ipod classic, touch, nano, and iphone.
Yes, you can connect by bluetooth and listen to music. but if you use that method you cannot browse playlists or artists through the CUE or with steering wheel controls. you have to use the screen on the iphone or ipod.
on all my other cars and trucks I just plug the ipod into the usb port (in the glove box) and then you can use the vehicles stereo/touch screen/steering wheel to browse playlists and control the ipod. When you turn on the truck the music starts playing where you left off and there is no pairing or problems.
It should be the same way with the CUE,,, but it locks up, or has long delays between when you press a button and get a response.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
Clifford X said:
I have a few and have tried them all. ipod classic, touch, nano, and iphone. Yes, you can connect by bluetooth and listen to music. but if you use that method you cannot browse playlists or artists through the CUE or with steering wheel controls. you have to use the screen on the iphone or ipod. on all my other cars and trucks I just plug the ipod into the usb port (in the glove box) and then you can use the vehicles stereo/touch screen/steering wheel to browse playlists and control the ipod. When you turn on the truck the music starts playing where you left off and there is no pairing or problems. It should be the same way with the CUE,,, but it locks up, or has long delays between when you press a button and get a response.
Very minor it seems then?

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Clifford X said:
I have a few and have tried them all. ipod classic, touch, nano, and iphone. Yes, you can connect by bluetooth and listen to music. but if you use that method you cannot browse playlists or artists through the CUE or with steering wheel controls. you have to use the screen on the iphone or ipod. on all my other cars and trucks I just plug the ipod into the usb port (in the glove box) and then you can use the vehicles stereo/touch screen/steering wheel to browse playlists and control the ipod. When you turn on the truck the music starts playing where you left off and there is no pairing or problems. It should be the same way with the CUE,,, but it locks up, or has long delays between when you press a button and get a response.
I couldn't get nether of my iPods to work when I test drove the 2015 Yukon Denali (both showed they were connected but nothing from the truck's system)
iPhone yes but I only tested it with Bluetooth

·
Registered
Cadillac technician
669 Posts

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
jeiler9865 said:
The steering column issues are as follows. http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=4776 The iPod/ iPhone is normal for Bluetooth streaming, ALL APPLE DEVICES REQUIRE USB CONNECTION. Please search all other posts on this. Go to Cadillac.com and search under CUE videos, go to YouTube for CUE apple device operation, check with your dealership. http://brightcovegm.download.edgesuite.net/336226144/201502/2157/336226144_4072595412001_05-2015MY-CA-CUERadio-HTW-Integrating.mp4
I tried the iPods via USB but no go in the system

1 - 20 of 33 Posts