Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had my 06 V stereo replaced (buttons peeling) recently and when I was given the darn thing back my steering wheel controls were all out of whack! The buttons were now changing the AC controls, I was able to use the voice control to control the stereo and all kinds of stuff that I couldn't before...

...I thought to myself, is my car possessed? Well I come to find that with this new install you could configure the steering wheel controls on the V finally! After a week of tinkering with it - I did didn't care to "talk" to my car much and I couldn't get used to the buttons so I had Cadillac reprogram the buttons back to what the V is supposed to have. Unfortunately, with the V configuration the SWC controls are not selectable.

But, yes your dealer can configure the buttons so you can control your navigation, stereo, etc by voice. They use a laptop to configure the controls and can do it while you're there.

One change I did have done was to replace the station scanning and have it only scan my presets - MUCH BETTER!:)

·
Registered
'06 CTS-V (sold)
133 Posts
One change I did have done was to replace the station scanning and have it only scan my presets - MUCH BETTER!
Now that's something I'd pay a little sumpthin' sumpthin' for.

I've often wondered why it didn't work that way in the first place.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
The only problem with doing that is you'll lose the ability to enter Competitive Driving mode. The only way to make the radio allow SWC changes is to program the radio with the Firmware for a Base CTS, which doesn't have Comp. mode.

I tried this a while back with the Tech2 to see if I could find a workaround- no such luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts