Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 DTS 4.6,2005 Jaguar X-Type
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2004 Deville, the right side steering wheel buttons have the Station select, volume control and the bottom has the cruise set. Yesterday I lost the volume control from the button. Does that panel snap off to replace it or to clean some kind of contacts for the buttons? thanks-Russt

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
Pry the buttons out. In this picture you can see the lip on the inside edge. It slips under the airbag. Use a small screwdriver to pry from the outside edge.
Once out you can see how to open up the button itself and clean the contacts (if that's the problem). It's a pretty simple design.

·
Registered
2001 DeVille DTS
47 Posts
Yes, it snaps out. The post above points out where to pry-- the outside edge. But mind you that you're dealing with the right-hand button panel, and the left-hand panel is what's pictured. I lucked out and found a new matching one on eBay, but have not replaced mine yet.
My buttons still work, but the surface is worn to the point it looks bad, and when they light up at night, too much light shines through.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,803 Posts
go with ebay. If any of them work except for the light, you can do micro-surgery and replace the bulb (available from Radio Shack), but you better be darn good at soldering really tiny things. Easier to just replace the unit.

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,686 Posts
They are also available on Amazon, they come in several different colors and switch configurations make sure you order the correct ones. I replaced both sides on my 04 (gray interior) due to worn paint and lights out.

http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-D1940D-Original-Equipment-Control/dp/B000NW4RJK/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1434291767&sr=8-10&keywords=D1940D+delco

http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-D1938D-Original-Equipment-Control/dp/B000EQU0E6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1434291806&sr=8-2&keywords=D1938D+delco

1 - 6 of 6 Posts