Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0t
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone battling steering vibration with aftermarket wheels? I am running 18x8 +35 on all four corners with 235/40/18 Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires. I'm getting a minor steering vibration from 50-70mph, but it's worse from 55-60. Wheels are not hubcentric but running correct size rings to fill 2.32mm gap. Tires have been road force balanced and are all well within specs. My car is going back on Wednesday for another road force balance. Just curious if anyone else is battling the same gremlins. Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.

·
Registered
2019 XT4 Premium AWD Build 7/22/18 / 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build 12/21/2012
1,622 Posts
Tires could be out of round I've had that happen, they will balance but you still get that shake at those speeds. Have you confirmed wheels are not bent?

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,433 Posts
Well before I would mount a tire on any after market wheel I would mount it on the car and use a dual indicator to check the run out.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0t
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wheels are not bent. Brand new out of box and vibration began as soon as they were mounted.

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,433 Posts
Not say they are bent. But I would still check the run out. Both the face and rim bead. Poor maching?. Next would check the balance with out a tire. An old bubble balancer is good start. Spin balancer is better.

You need to eliminate variables.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts