Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are you people blind? damn i been posting threads but no replys. I need help on getting my steering column fixed.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Is it the whole column including under the dash or is it where it tilts? If its where its tilts inself you will probably have to replace the column itself. GMs are problematic with these columns.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think its the whole column. What is the best and easiest way to fix this problem. O and thanx for replying to my thread.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If it's the top part loose where it tilts, that's a problem with all the GM tilt columns. You can yank all of the stuff out of the way (steering wheel, lock plate, turn signal or multi-function switch) and get at the bolts with a quarter inch drive socket and long extension to tighten them. I've not done it myself, I've seen a guy do it and been told about it, seems there are three bolts, but only two are really accessible without dismantling the whole column. If you can get to those two and get them tight, that will be good enough. You'll need some kind of manual though (Haynes or factory) to get thru all the stuff you need to pull to get to where you can access the bolts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts