Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 STS
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2008 STS and have had to re-do my memory settings for my seat, mirror, locking etc.. I have finally gotten
everything except the steering column to return to the driving position, I have it set to go up on exiting but can not get it to go back down when I am ready to drive, I seem to remember the same problem a while ago, however I can't remember, in the memory program it only has "Auto Exit Column" that can be turned on or off, and I have it turned on.

any help will be greatly appreciated !
thanks
June

·
Registered
07 STS 1SG / 10 STS 1SG / 17 XTS
336 Posts
You need to set the steering wheel in the down position like you will want it when you are driving and then hit the save button. I would turn the "auto exit" off personally. The wheel will raise up out of your way once you set it correctly.

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
I need to have the Auto Exit Column in order to get in or out of the car ... perhaps OP does too.
The Auto Exit Seat though... I don't see the need for this one to be on.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
For someone who is tall it's very nice to have. ;)
I'm 6' 6" ... typically there are not too many people taller than I am out there.
I find no need to move the seat from my driving position as long as the wheel is out of the way.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yea, I am 6' 5" and I just leave my seat in the furthest position back possible at all times. I can get in and out of the seat just fine, but I do wish it had closer to the leg room of my 97 Concours as my right knee has been pushing up against the console and it has begun to crack.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
My right knee makes contact too. Not enough that I've noticed any cracking though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts