Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'90' and 92 Broughams, '05 DTS, 2005 Escalade &'92 Sedan Deville
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, A search indicates that this topic has been brought up here before but no one ever comments on how it works...I am looking to install a set of steer horns on either my 91 Brougham or my 92 Deville. I figure that I need to drill through the hood to mount the horns, which is ok with the Brougham but not necessarily something I want to try with the Deville unless I have clear instructions and a good chance of success. Has anyone here actually done this. If so, could I see some photos or at least a diagram of how this might work? Thanks!

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Can't help you, but I'd assume a Google search would get you some answers. My opinion, it'd look out of place on both.

But if you HAVE to to do it, it'd look especially ridiculous in the '92. Pit them on the Borougham.

·
Registered
84 Coupe w/500
5,665 Posts
I'd rather put it on the brougham just to be more period correct and fitting. How long and high are they? Mounting on the hood would put them too far back, gonna have to be on the header. The problem with putting them on the header is that the header is fiberglass or something. They won't stay on for long if driven hard.

·
Registered
1979 Coupe deVille, 1995 Sedan DeVille (sold)
1,846 Posts
Period correct?!

I think you'd need a '70's Eldorado to be period correct :)

·
Registered
91 Brougham 5.7
56 Posts
I had some on my 91 Brougham, and used thick picture hanging wire. *They were on solid for the road, but not against theft unfortunately.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts