Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS sport model/package
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 came with the 18" wheels and bigger brakes. Will a set of 16" steel rims fit on my car?

·
Registered
'07 CTS 3.6
2,937 Posts
I couldn't find any 18" steelies for mine, so I went with 17" steelies from Costco & a smaller tire.
Just a couple mm's difference in height. Just make sure they clear the brake calipers.

·
Registered
2006 CTS sport model/package
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I was just curious if the rims would clear my rotors. I want to get a set for sale near me with winter tires. I can get them for $150. I want them so I can go to the states and get rims and tires and throw away the steel wheels and come back with the new ones on my car.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,804 Posts
Blayne said:
Ya I was just curious if the rims would clear my rotors. I want to get a set for sale near me with winter tires. I can get them for $150. I want them so I can go to the states and get rims and tires and throw away the steel wheels and come back with the new ones on my car.
Oooooo I'm tellllingggg. How dare you find the rims you want in the States. Place them on your car and cross the boarder.

I have to admit, I did put four 19" rims with tires in my car. Two in the trunk and two in the rear seat. So if its just gonna be you and one passenger. Y'all shall be fine.

KOT

·
Registered
'07 CTS 3.6
2,937 Posts
Oooooo I'm tellllingggg. How dare you find the rims you want in the States. Place them on your car and cross the boarder.

I have to admit, I did put four 19" rims with tires in my car. Two in the trunk and two in the rear seat. So if its just gonna be you and one passenger. Y'all shall be fine.

KOT
As long as you don't cross the border.................when you cross the boarder, they always want a break on the rent.

·
Registered
2006 CTS Sport
260 Posts
I put on 18 inch steelies but with 114.3x5 bolt pattern. They are easier to find and a lot cheaper then the 115x5 CTS uses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts