Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
All of them
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just Sent My Friends At Uuc A Set Of Brake Hoses For Them To Come Up With Steel Braided Versions. Whos Interested and What Color Would Everyone Like (majority Wins!!) Blue,clear, Etc. Here Is An Example Of The Blue They Currently Use For Bmw. The Prototypes Should Be Ready In About 2 Weeks.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
209 Posts
Ugh I could never imagine putting blue brake lines on my car...IMHO just plain stainless would look the best and sell the most.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Red would be sick to match my Ground Control setup.

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
RamAir, did you know they (Uuc) are only right in Somerville?

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
209 Posts
Hillsborough actually...I was just there last week picking up a short shifter that I bought through Lindsay, but decided to just go pick up instead of have them drop ship it. It took me a little over 40 mins to get there with some traffic.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
I vote for plain stainless steel for color. I love steel braided brake lines - it is always the first modification to my motorcyles as it does wonders for brake feel.

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
I'd be interested if they are in the ballpark (or less) of the Goodridge Lines you can get from TireRack:
http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brakes.jsp?&make=Goodridge&model=G-Stop+Brakeline+Kit&group=G-Stop+Brakeline+Kit&autoMake=Cadillac&autoModel=CTS-V&autoYear=2005&autoModClar=&perfCode=S

They run 150 ish. If the UUC cost more, I'd want to know why/how.

I'd prefer black lines. Won't have to worry about them getting dirty, and would look nice. 2nd vote would be plain silver.

-Chris

P.S. I'll be bringing my car into Lindsay for service in the next few weeks, so if you need a guineau pig...

·
Registered
CTS-V
874 Posts
I too like red but would go for clear also. Same question as trukk on price vs. Goodridge.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
If the price is right, I would want RED all the way. To match the Ground Control parts.

·
Registered
former 2005 CTS-V owner
404 Posts
I'd be interested if they are in the ballpark (or less) of the Goodridge Lines you can get from TireRack:
http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brakes.jsp?&make=Goodridge&model=G-Stop+Brakeline+Kit&group=G-Stop+Brakeline+Kit&autoMake=Cadillac&autoModel=CTS-V&autoYear=2005&autoModClar=&perfCode=S

They run 150 ish. If the UUC cost more, I'd want to know why/how.

I'd prefer black lines. Won't have to worry about them getting dirty, and would look nice. 2nd vote would be plain silver.

-Chris

P.S. I'll be bringing my car into Lindsay for service in the next few weeks, so if you need a guineau pig...
Goodridge is real good and very well known in the motorcycle racing community. I had them on all my litre size race bikes and the lines are remarkable. If they cost more than the Goodridge lines, someone better have a good reason.

But...I'll take a set of Blue. (I do understand colored lines always cost more than black or clear)

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
how do the make clean stainless steel? Am I missing the point.

Hillsborough huh. On 206?

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
I think the clutch operation could be improved with the addition of a steel braided line. This certainly works on motorcycles with hydraulic clutch actuation.

All of them
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wont have any prices untill there fabricated. based on there current hoses they offer for BMW they should be $150.00 or under but thats a guess for now.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts